Magellan Explorists 200 GPS Receiver

..SNAKEBIT..

VIP Member
can get one thru program at work, really wont cost me anything
is it worth getting or just pick a dvd player or something else?
going out west 2 times a year, plus other uses

I think thats the model I have ,My's yellow , & I have used it out west & in Up of Mi , good thing to have out west batteries only last a day

Personally I would go with the GPS especially if it's cheap.
If mine isn't on my sled it's in my pocket. Never know when you'll
need a quick location fix or want to mark a great offtrail place you'll want to come back to.

I want a GPS pretty bad, the only thing i would question I guess is how many sattelights it hits at a time (how accurate). I think the newer ones, even the cheap ones are pretty accurate. Much better than a DVD player any day in my book! Magellin is one of the better brand names, but I have no first hand knowledge...

I have a magellan gold (old black and white) and I love it. I bought a mount so I can see it on the sled instead of being in my pocket. I had asked the question if I could hook up a 12V plug for it if I didn't have a battery. I won't be using my heated shield and the 12V adapter for the gps has a 9-30 volt range on it (or something like that.)

I have a detailed MI map with restaurants, gas, etc and then a less cluttered map I use just for location. It's nice having the card to load alot of maps onto.

I got it and used it out west, but had to enter all locations
is there any way of programing this model?

Back