2001 SXR 600 Clutching: Final Setup

Exciterfan

Well, I've reworked my clutching once again and I've moved away from the Heel Clickers based on many reasons, including many of the comments from the TY forum participants. The primary reason (no pun intended) was that I'm running a new TEAM Roller Secondary this winter with 52/42 & 52/40 helixes and felt the Heel Clickers might be too much.

Since Tom Hartman provided the Secondary, I went to him for advice on the primary clutch. He has provided me with a primary setup that I'm hoping will be a good match.

Here is the setup:

Primary: 8CH-10 Weights 17.2 In, 13.9 Out, Stock YGY spring
Secondary: Team Roller, Red/Dark Blue Spring, 52/42 &52/40 Helixes.

Sled is geared down one tooth and I'm running a SnoStuff Canister.

Any predictions on how the sled will run with this set up?

Can't wait for snow!! It's coming, I can feel it!!

Cheers,

Exciterfan.

I don't know how the secondary will behave, but Tom Hartman probably has a real good idea where you will be at so that should be okay, and if its not he will help you. For the primary, those weights are not extremely aggressive on the upshift but it looks those helix angles might take care of the fast upshift anyway. The 8CH's are real good on top end though. Tune it to run 8500-8600 rpm and you will have yourself a setup.

Your gonna have a huge under rev. Don,t think a 700 would pull that much clutching; except if it was piped.

clutch setup on 2000 sx600r

im looking for the best setup for my sled....i have a can and air box mod and also should i jet up or down? and if so what jet size....
thx

btwq im thinking about doing the head gasket mod...

Hartman's calibration sheet says it will shift out a 8300-8500 which I believe is close to the recommended shift RPM.

Turk, are you basing your opinion on a stock secondary with the helixes mentioned? or considering the Team roller? Just a thought.

Once I get a chance to try it out, I'll report back. Maybe I'll have to do bit of grass riding in the backyard!!

Cheers,

Exciterfan

That is very close to how I would clutch a 700 sx. The 600 makes about 10-15 less hp. I would be surprised if that combo would pull 8500 rpm on a 600 but ya never know.

Back