700sx vs. pro-x 600

ovalracer

My buddy has a stock 03' edge-x 600 except for a 1 1/4" camo ripsaw, and i have a 97' 700sx w/ reed spacers,head gasket mod,mbrp race can, clutched, camo track with 144 studs, maxx transfer rods, and is geared down 1 tooth.

How would i do against his sled? thanks

Last edited:

he also has a 96' XC 600 that is studded and clutched, how would i do against that thing? I weigh 185lbs and he weighs 150lbs.

I figured that the pro-x would beat me i was just wondering how bad. thanks

ovalracer said:
he also has a 96' XC 600 that is studded and clutched, how would i do against that thing? I weigh 185lbs and he weighs 150lbs.

I figured that the pro-x would beat me i was just wondering how bad. thanks
it will be closer than you think. if yours is running good and his is bone stock, i wouldnt expect it to be ahead by more than a length or two at the most. ;)! is the xc 600 a twin or tripple?

i took one of thease (98)xc600 and a pro x600(stock) to the cleaners in a pretty good size field but once again it all depends how the other guys sled is set up.this race was on a very hard packed trail.

you could definately beat both of those if they are stock and you are dialed in. LOL, i wasted my buddies bone stock '04 Pro X2 800 with my well tuned '01 sx 700r. He would be with me out of the hole and i would start walking away mid through top end.

yamaholic22 said:
you could definately beat both of those if they are stock and you are dialed in. LOL, i wasted my buddies bone stock '04 Pro X2 800 with my well tuned '01 sx 700r. He would be with me out of the hole and i would start walking away mid through top end.
geez your buddies 800 is ill. after hearing about all the problems and how it runs, it sounds like his fell off the truck on the way to the dealer. #$%&* if he doesnt already have a torque stop (which we all know they desperatly need) have him give me a call. i have been making some for big block pro x's.

Attachments

• torque arm 1.jpg
    torque arm 1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5
  • torque arm 3.jpg
    torque arm 3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 4
  • torque arm 2.jpg
    torque arm 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
yea that might help him, he has broken four motor mounts on that thing as well, lol. Gotta love those Poo's. :o|

yamaholic22 said:
yea that might help him, he has broken four motor mounts on that thing as well, lol. Gotta love those Poo's. :o|
i knew these pro x's twist around way too much and slp wanted too much money for their torque arms, so thats why i decieded to make them cheaper. it almost makes stock vipers seem like a good set up huh? ;):D ;)! i guess we'll see how my 700 pro x runs at the ty ride. lol! ;):D

Last edited:
as said before, setup is everything, both those sleds can be beaten with good setup (that is if his XC isn't piped) lol.

ovalracer said:
the xc 600 is a tripple. He said he can wax me by at least 6+ sled lengths on the lake
the twins are more potent than the tripples. youll win that one for sure! ;)!

ovalracer said:
the xc 600 is a tripple. He said he can wax me by at least 6+ sled lengths on the lake

i was reffering to the edge x 600 with him beating me by 6 lengths, i figured that would beat the xc 600.

dial yours in and it will run very well

You might be surprised and your buddy as well, if you have the sx dialed in, it will give alot of bigger and lighter sleds a real fit. I see you have a camo track ,what lug height? You have reed spacers, good, now drop the main jets to 142 all the way across, drop the needles down a 1/2 shim, meaning, place bothe shims on top of needle clip and leave clip in 3rd groove. Clutching-, run 8dn-10 weights with .8 gram in the tip, w/w/w yamaha spring and a 51/43 rear helix with green spring at 70. If you dont yet have the new style long spring cover on your clutch yet run a yellow/silver/yellow, its a short cover spring, you may need a few (3)yamaha engagment shims to spruce it up a tad.

mrviper700 said:
You might be surprised and your buddy as well, if you have the sx dialed in, it will give alot of bigger and lighter sleds a real fit. I see you have a camo track ,what lug height? You have reed spacers, good, now drop the main jets to 142 all the way across, drop the needles down a 1/2 shim, meaning, place bothe shims on top of needle clip and leave clip in 3rd groove. Clutching-, run 8dn-10 weights with .8 gram in the tip, w/w/w yamaha spring and a 51/43 rear helix with green spring at 70. If you dont yet have the new style long spring cover on your clutch yet run a yellow/silver/yellow, its a short cover spring, you may need a few (3)yamaha engagment shims to spruce it up a tad.

the lug height is 1". the track was i it when i bought it. I have no idea what clutch kit is in there. There is no numbers on the helix and the primary spring is solid yellow and the secondary looks like it has a solid black spring. The clutch weights are loaded with weights top and bottom. This is the way i bought the sled.

I have the fuel screws turned 1 1/2 turns out.Can i run those carb settings and still be safe for everyday trail riding? thanks for the input MrViper. ;)!

Also should i do the airbox mod as well or isnt it worth it with single pipe.

specs

those jetting specs are plenty safe, I have this exact set up in a good friends sled, he rode in Canada last year, 20 below and was perfect, plenty safe for trail riding/racing fields,lakes,etc.

Have no idea what you have there for clutching, but I would write down the set up I gave you its a real runner with all the rest of the mods.

leave the airbox alone

heres some help

I wouldnt go any leaner, would go with a 142.5 then.

yamaha part number:3g2-1423a-79-00 ((142.5))

The 140 part number is:3g2-14231-28-00,<<<<<<<<<<<<never mind this, sorry this is a typo on my behalf, go with 142.5's, I thought I put up the numbers for a 142, sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

Back