Speedo side bearing on VMax 600 part number?

Waterfoul

I'm putting a new track on my VMax 600 twin soon... and was told to pick up a bearing for the speedo/clutch side. My speedo currently doesn't work (last trip out last season it quit) so we're thinking "replace it while it's apart."

I remember reading here that the Yamaha part is nothing more than a Timken bearing that can be gotten cheaper from some one other than the dealer. I have a Timken bearing source thru work and can get them quite cheap. BUT, I need the part number for the bearing... can anyone help me out on this so I can have it on hand when we disassemble my sled??

Mike

Check this site out.

http://www.royaldistributing.com/servlet/MiddleRedirect?page=index1.html

Royal also lists the NTN bearing type which should provide you the info you need to source the bearing from someone else besides Yamaha. It looks like the bearing changed in 1997 from a UB205 from a 6004 (?).

I just replaced mine in my 2001 SXR600 and it was the UB205.

Of course once you have it a part you should be able to determine the actual bearing number.

Hope this helps.

Exciterfan

Part # is 93306-20589-00. Assuming it is a 97 (general forum post, no year given here). Not to be rude but you do only need to post this once as there is always somebody who knows something on here. Also the part # is on yamaha-motor.com

change_up said:
Part # is 93306-20589-00. Assuming it is a 97 (general forum post, no year given here). Not to be rude but you do only need to post this once as there is always somebody who knows something on here. Also the part # is on yamaha-motor.com

Yeah, sorry about the multi post... but I was kinda in a hurry this afternoon as I wanted to get the part on the way home. Found the Yammi part at another dealer for $31 out the door so I think I'll just save myself all the effort and pick it up tomorrow at lunch.

Thanks for the help though fellas.

Hey, i'm not one to worry. I've been there too! And i know how it can get trying to find a part in a hurry. Hope no offence was taken i didn't mean it like that no need to apologize.

change_up said:
Hey, i'm not one to worry. I've been there too! And i know how it can get trying to find a part in a hurry. Hope no offence was taken i didn't mean it like that no need to apologize.

No sweat! :rockon:

Back