Vmax 500 track drivers

Bigger Hammer

I am in the process of changing the track on my '97 Vmax 500. I am going with the 1" hacksaw with 96 studs. I have noticed in my service manual that the 600 had 4 drivers on the driveshaft. While I got the shaft out, would there be any advantage of adding outside drivers? (The 500 only has 2 center drivers). The existing drivers aren't too worn, and I don't have a problem with ratching the current track, but it is unstudded.

it definately wouldn't be a bad idea if you had the ambition to do it. It may never ratchet with two drivers, but much more likely that it wont with 4, and that way you can run your track looser for better hyfax wear and top speed. ;)!

I put a 1.187 in my 500 with 96 studs. then I took it back apart and changed to a 4 drive shaft to stop the ratchetin. Fixed it. maxdlx

yea i had a '97 SX with only the two drivers and it ratcheted like a mother before i put the outter drivers on it, good after that!

Thanks for the replys, I am going to go out and buy a set and put them on. Don't want to have to tear it apart again :)

post on here for a set lots of guys have them 4 sale, or do a search for drivers. Maxdlx

i put 1.25 ripsaw on mine and its not ratecting at all but i dont run studs. and i do hamer it hard on accel on trails.

Back