Show off your Yamaha

I like it ALOT! It rides like a totally different animal. I haven't had a chance to get it into some deep snow to test it out thoroughly though. And the weight savings....I figure it lost about 45-50 lbs, based on 'advertised' weight savings on the different parts. Sure feels lighter tossing it around in the garage.

Heres my 97 600SX bought it new in 96 put 7000 miles on it before it got handed down to my son, stripped and polished the tunnel got rid of all the yellow and the skid plate added 2" riser and SXR skis. This summer the motor comes out, bottom end is still original, maybe find a threeholer to put back in.

Attachments

• redsled1.JPG
    redsled1.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 18
  • redsled2.JPG
    redsled2.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 21
  • redsled3.JPG
    redsled3.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 18
  • redsled4.JPG
    redsled4.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 14
Here's a few pictures of my '02 SRX that I just had out on the snow for the first time last week after I finished it up....

Attachments

• SRXside3.jpg
    SRXside3.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 46
  • SRXside2.jpg
    SRXside2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32
  • SRXfront1.jpg
    SRXfront1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 27
  • SRXside.jpg
    SRXside.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 40
Hello everyone and greetings from Finland.

Being new to the forum and having only lurked before, I thought I'd start my posting here.

I'm riding a 2002 Viper with the following mods:

- 151" x 2" Camo Challenger track
- Skid lowered and mounted rearwards, skid extensions
- Wahl bros 8T drivers
- Doo Summit X-RS Skis (Pilot 6.9)
- Narrowed the front arms by 3"
- Removed sway bar
- Covered all hood holes with mesh fabric, no more snow under the hood
- Changed air intake from inside the hood to outside. Drilled holes in the dashboard and covered them with mesh fabric.
- 6" handlebar riser
- Changed handlebar to aftermarket snow-cross model

Thinking about moving to 20/40 or 20/41 gearing to improve off-trail performance. My riding is mostly off-trail, with elevations of 0-1000ft, although occasionally we go to Sweden to do some mountain fun. Some pics:

img4327.jpg

2291018280103330291S600x600Q85.jpg

Hope that some day i'll get my hands on some triple pipes, they cost a shitload up here. I used to own a couple Mountain Maxes with triples and a 151" track.

If anyone is interested, here's a thread on the Finnish snowmobiler's forum that shows what me and my garage-mates have done over the last couple seasons. The mouth-banging is of course in Finnish but the pics tell the tale.
Right now we have besides my Viper two turbocharged RX-1's (144"), an extended Polaris Fusion 900, a Yamaha Venture and a Doo 600 SDI.
http://kelkkalehti.com/keskustelu/index.php?topic=26147.0

Apologies for linguistic errors.

Last edited:
that 97 600sx looks real clean, I miss mine lookint at that one! why did he take off the skid plate? I traded mine for the longer one I think they look better with it. and boomer that sled is still amazing! how you liking it??

08 Yamaha Nytro MTX 162

Heres my 08 Nytro, slowly getting it done, but dont want to start the big projects till summer, which if we dont get more snow in MT summer could be in three weeks.

Attachments

• Picture 001 (Small) (2).jpg
    Picture 001 (Small) (2).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 009 (Small) (2).jpg
    Picture 009 (Small) (2).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 17
ryanryan said:
^^^Wow....looks like a pair of canoes on the front end!!!
Thats why it took me so long to put them on, I think their uglys as hell, but they make a world of difference on steering in powder or boon docking. It handles like a normal sled now, and if I break down somewhere, me and one other person can just strap them on our feet and snowboard out !!! lol

here is me and my buddies and our two g/f's sleds up on top of the devils mountain a couple of years ago....

Attachments

• baskatong.jpg
    baskatong.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 69
03viperguy said:
that 97 600sx looks real clean, I miss mine lookint at that one! why did he take off the skid plate? I traded mine for the longer one I think they look better with it. and boomer that sled is still amazing! how you liking it??
I dunno he says it helped it get on top of the deep snow, kid put 2700 miles on that sled in 2 yrs....then he got laid (he just turned 20) now he aint worth a shit! j/k hes a good rider and loves to go with his old man, if she says its ok!

02 Viper that I everyone has seen at least 10x's, lol...
Sled008.jpg

But I'll sneak in my 06 Raptor 700, Flat Track Edition...
69120_10150101997833998_559638997_7383352_2158323_n.jpg

No one specified it HAD to be a Yamaha sled to be posted :dunno: :yam: :na:

2ooosrx said:
Might aswell put up my sled for you guys. I am hoping to finish it shortly!

I don't think I could bring myself to ride that thing!! It looks so sweet!!

Back