BR9ES plugs in SRX?

I use BR9ES's but fowl them all the time, must have something to do with jetting 4 sizes up eh... If I let it sit there to warm up I will definetly fowl a plug... What do you think should I lean it out a bit or change plugs ;):D I'm just worried to blow it up I guess, I totally rebuilt it from the crank up, new cylinders and all, I don't mess around..lol

yamaholic22 said:
Also, BR9ES's are NOT a problem in other yamaha sleds, that is what is recommended for all other newer yammy two strokes, but for the srx BR9ECS is recommended. Not the same engine as the others, not the same recommended plugs.

Doesnt the viper call for ECS?

its not worth the couple of bucks savings...
I have seen a SRX burn on a cold crossing a 10 mile lake and he was runing 9ES.
You spend the money on a sled, fill the tank full of gas and oil and a few are worried about saving $10 to $20 on plugs.
Its $100 to replace a piston and ring.

YOU GUYS NEED TO READ MY POST!!!!!!! Good god people, give me a frickin break! i said in my post, ITS NOT THE MONEY THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!! READ IT!!!! They are not readilly avalible here, and i would have to ORDER THEM!!! That is why I asked, as I was wanting to take my sled for a jot tonight, since we got snow, and ran es plugs, and she ran just fine, perfect, no detonation! I hate getting flacked for asking a damned question, seems to be a real problem latelly! Isnt this forum for questions 98srx6? I thought so, so take a brake man, and lay off people who are trying to figure something out. I agree, i asked for opinions on the plug, but i didnt ask for "geez, I cant belive people still ask this question" #$%&* :o|

Sometimes it's a good idea to do a quick search. This particular question gets asked alot...

What is more unbelievable is the guys that recommend running the plug and even worse those that recommend it with absolutely no knowledge on the subject. This isn't a simple fouling issue people...it could cost this guy an engine...this is compounded by the fact that he has some engine work done which apparently would be fine 'cause that guy's uncle said so...;)

Here I will do a search for you.

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/search.php?searchid=220878

To answer your question, br9es plugs will run in your sled. If you want to run them, then run them, as many people on the board swear that they work. But, you may want to keep in mind that some of the most respected ty members warned you against running them.

By the way *99sRx700*, maybe if you would use the search button then those of us that do reference previously covered topics would be able to search more than once every 120 seconds. I mean think about it man, it is such a waste of space and resources to have over 30 threads covering br9ecs spark plugs.

It just takes a quick search or a scan over the tech pages to find the answer to most of the basic questions asked here.

MAN. I want to jump in on this!!!!!! FIRST AND FOREMOST,,,, YAMAHA is in the MAKING MONEY BUSINESS,,, SECOND, If Yamaha has to pay $3.00 for EACH plug from its supplier, THATS 9.00 PER SLED... if they make 100,000 sleds, THATS $ 900,000.00 ALMOST A MILLION.... if Yamaha could save a MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR by putting the cheaper spark plugs in that motor without RISKING WARRANTY repairs,,, BELIEVE me,,, they would do it!!!!! Do you guys think that you are SMARTER than YAMAHA's engineers that figure this stuff out???????? NOT A CHANCE!!!!!!! The WARRANTY repairs on BURNING DOWN MOTORS all the time would almost put them out of business,,needless to say, NO ONE would buy the SRX!!!!!!!! IF YOURE SO WORRIED about SAVING a few bucks,,,, TAKE UP A CHEAPER HOBBY!!!!! NO,,, Its not a GOOD IDEA t o put in the WRONG spark plugs!!! In Fact , its downright STUPID!!!!! Why don't you just take out all the YAMALUBE and fill er up with 10w40?????? ITS CHEAPER AND ITS OIL!!!!!!! its like these IDIOTS BITChING about the GAS PRICES,,, HEY IDIOT,,, You are driving around probably the MOST VOLUMETRICALLY INEFFICIENT VEHICLE on this WHOLE PLANET... If you are worried about "saving gasoline" STAY ON THE COUCH!!!!!!! MOST OF US GUYS have a "loaf of bread" under BOTH ARMS and we are BitChinG about not having enough BUTTER!!!!!!!! Gary Oles nosboy

just like the people who spend $8000.00 for a sled and fill it with yamalube.... ARE YOU STUPID??????? (and they think they are "taking good care of their sled") They shine it up and grease it every weekend and put in fuel with METHANOL in it!!! (another DUMB IDEA).... sometimes the methanol thing is unavoidable...... did you ever go to the local filling station and see a zillion empty bottles of HEET laying in and around the trash can?????? PEOPLE ARE REALLY DUMB!!!!!! I'll do a post on heet...... Gary Oles nosboy :die:

The original post said it is an availability issue not a cost issue. Then order a couple dozen plugs online at the beginning of the season. Problem solved. I respect the yamaha engineers, that's why I buy their products, why second guess them? Just my 2 cents.

Would it be ok to run BR10ECS plugs? Are they colder than the 9's? I just picked up a new box for $20

seyser said:
Would it be ok to run BR10ECS plugs? Are they colder than the 9's? I just picked up a new box for $20

It won't hurt anything but they do have a tendancy (even more so than the 9's) to foul.

Unless you live in a remote p[lace that doesn't have internet access OR a Mail delivery service (usps or ups) Availability isn't an issue... If you want the drug store on the corner to carry them,,,well,,,you're out of luck... NGK makes enough plugs to go around!!!! its not an issue!!! Gary Oles nosboy ;)!

I agree with doc , you will burn that engine down going across a lake with the es plugs in it. yami put them in there for a reason. If you want to ride the best you have to pay like the rest

i'm studying an engineer and hopin to work for yamaha, so does that mean what i say goes?!?! sweet!!! everybody should port their chaincase for 12 horse!!! haha, jp guys, i think this horse is dead.... run the stock plugs and your good, if all you got is the ones there, run them at your risk but go get a set of the required plugs.... oh, don't forget to shine your chorme muffler bearings (clean ones gain 2 horse, wow!)...

...all in good fun, no pun intended...

During a dyno session with my brother's 99 SRX we gained 16hp by replacing the plugs...That's not only more then your ported chaincase, it was easier :). Always read your bulletins!!

Dok...ported chaincases here only netted a 10 hp gain on thr dyno! Please forward your specs immediately!!!!

am i the only one that doesnt foul plugs? i only did once (old polaris ultra) and it was because of fogging oil. i didnt even need to change them. it had just enough power to move without any weight on it, so i just ran along side of it until it was rolling then jumped on and gave it a beat run. cleared it right up! ;):D

Back