Anyone try a camoplast iceripper?

SRX M10

I just bought an 1-1/4 for my srx, I am going to try and leave the heat exchanger protectors in. It was either the iceripper or a 1" predator with 144 studs. I hope I made the right choice, here in VT you need a bigger lug but I didn't want to spend the $1000 to convert the chaincase and drivers to accept the 1-1/4 ripsaw with 1-3/8 picks.

I just got the Ice-Ripper for my 01 SRX also. I havent installed it yet though. I had the Ripsaw on the sled the last 2 years and had to notch the track so it didnt hit the front heat exchanger protectors. I am assuming I will have to do the same thing with the Ice Ripper track. Looks like it will be a good track. I see you have the M-10 (or I assume, from your name) as well. I had alot of traction/holeshot loss when installed the M-10. Hopefully the new studded track will help that out a bit....along with the 8" big wheel kit to hopefully help with the top end loss I experienced. Good luck!

--Steve (O.C.)

I lost a ton of holeshot with the m-10, I won't even race anymore I get beat so bad. I still think it's worth it though. I also noticed the top end loss but we gear down for our trails. It's rare I see top speed. What's the deal with the big wheel kit and who makes it? What did you do to the front of your sled? I found the maxx perf steering bearing upgrade a huge help to my burning forearms.

Yea. The M-10 definately makes me shy away from lining up from a stand still. Rolling start..different story. But the holeshot sacrifice is DEFINATELY worth it (in my opinion) after a long day hitting the trails. The 8" rear wheel kit is supposed to gain you back some of the top end loss. Something to do with rotating mass or some scientific principle I dont quite understand. Maybe somebody else can chime in. Plus the fact that the chrome bling in the back is gonna look. schweeeeeet! It is a somewhat expensive mod. You have to buy an offset rear axel ($125)..then you need two 8" wheels. Aluminum will run about $100-$130 each, OR two 8" Black plastic about $30 each. Then you need two 6 3/8" wheels for the inside, they run about $25 each. So, on the high end the mod is about $450, on the low end about $250. If you do go with the Aluminum idlers, don't skimp. A couple guys on the board have had bad experience with cheaply made Aluminum idlers.

the larger rear wheels help the top end because it is a bigger radius you are bending the track around. Tighter radii take more energy to bend around because the track wants to move as close to a circle as possible, and it creates more friction bending it around the tighter radius. Increasing the radius creates less friction so it takes less energy to turn the track around the bend. Hope that helps.

Back