Enticer 250 Question

coachluciano

I just picked up a 1980 Enticer 250 for my 7 year old. I have a few questions fo those in the know,

It is having problems cold starting and I believe we have tracked it down to a vaccume leak in the fuel line, but this sled has a primer on it. Is that a standard component or is it something did aftermarket? It goes in the 'Airvent' on the carb. The On-Line parts does not show the primer (it show a cap over the vent) and this mod may be adding to our air issue.

What is an acceptable compression? I got 120lbs on 4 pulls.

Any help would be greatly appriciated,

David

The primer is an add on. its not stock. I have three of them and have ran into that problem with all three. The carb needs to be cleaned. Also if the fuel lined haven't been changed in some time, it could be time. Try those things first. Normal compression test are 5 pulls with the throttle wide open. In any case 120lbs is fine. Good luck. Brad

Thanks for the help. What do you suggest for carb cleaning? Does it need to be copmpletly dissambled or can I just remove it and spray cleaner into it? Is a rebuild kit required?

Another trick on those to aid cold starting is to unscrew the choke cable from the carb and check the choke plunger. If it is the model that has the stem on the bottom that inserts deeper into the carb, take a wire cutters & cut it off. This will allow more fuel through when being choked & often start on one or two pulls. It won't affect how it runs in any way.

At the end of the choke cable is a small brass tubular fitment, with what looks like a rubber seal at the very bottom. Is that what you are referring to?

Yes, that is what is called the choke plunger. If you have the carb disassembled then blow compressed air through it. DO NOT blow air through if the carb is still together. you cluld damage the diaphrams in the carb. Brad

What am I supposed to cut

I must be thick in the head. I just ordered a rebuild kit for the sled. In that process I should be able to clean out the choke hole (looks like a small jet at the bottom). Do I still require cutting something off the cable.

Also - Brad I want the rear bumber. make me an invoice in paypal if you can. ship to 14580. Thanks,

make shure you get the right kit!!!!

there where 2 size carbs on the et250. i got hung up on this. i happen to have the one with the larger carb that it is a #$%&* to get the kit for (took 6 months). if yours has the smaller one the kit you ordered will fit. there is no easy way to id this problem without seeing both sizes of carbs.

Back