The SRX took a s***

I talked with a guy today and he said Wiseco makes Yammies pistons why would it matter if I bought a Wiseco?

The Wiesco pistons are NOT the same as OEM.
They are light weight and the skirt is not as strong as OEM.
The way them make the OEM and Weisco is not even the same.
Weisco's only last about 3000miles.
Also Weisco recomends buying a piston kit (all 3) because they are balanced matched forged pistons.
Go OEM. You will find most will give you the same advice.

i gave them 3509$ & i bought him a coffee.it came with hauck stingers,cobra shield,small wheel kit & sum other little goodies on it.

yup you don't want to be mixing after market pistons (especially wiseco's) with oem. They don't weigh the same so the balance will be off, and the skirts on the wiseco's are much thinner than oem to keep them lighter, so they aren't as durable and long lasting. OEM srx pistons are powder forged, the wiseco's are not. Whoever told you wiseco makes yamaha's pistons should do some reasearch.

yes it still matters. Just get an oem and save yourself some headaches. What is the advantage of replacing it with a wiseco anyway? Its not a race engine is it? What will the extra few grams save you?

Maximafan listen to what we are all saying. Stick with stock.
It matters on every cylinder. You dont want to mix match OEM with the Wiesco. You will have nothing but problems.
All the Wiesco suppliers in my area WILL NOT sell you a piston unless you have all Wiesco pistons in the sled. They know better!!!!
Funny I was talking to someone about his sled this morning with Wiesco's in it and he was telling me that the skirt fell apart at the end of the season last year after only about 600 miles on the top end.

Alright I respect what you guys say and will go with OEM thank you guys for all of your help. Yammie Riders take care of each other!!
JT

yes skirt clearance is VERY critical with wiseco pistons because of the much thinner skirts and different piston material.

Back