what do you tow with?

dlange

I think I may have the highest hp truck for towing my sleds. Last week I pulled over 600 at the rear wheels on the dyno with the ol' cummins. lol Not bad for a everyday driver with 120,000. Now thats a motor. ;)!

Them cummins are bad..I'm actually a Ford guy with a Chevy truck,... but I like the diesel saying... I'd Rather be cummin then strokin. Not dura-max jokes?

Attachments

• Truck5.jpg
    Truck5.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,568
I pull my sleds with a 04 Crew Cab Duramax with 12 inches of lift with 37's...........and a 10" drop hitch!

Coles_55 said:
I pull my sleds with a 04 Crew Cab Duramax with 12 inches of lift with 37's...........and a 10" drop hitch!

Lets see some pictures. That must be a handfull on the highway or on snowy roads.

04 chevy 1500 LS 4x4. XM radio, locking diff., electronic transfer, auto climate control. Pulls the loaded up 3 place with no problem.

Attachments

• driveway.jpg
    driveway.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 55
LOL All these big trucks for 1500 pounds :) I use my 2004 Subaru WRX STI for mine..300hp/tq, awd you don't even know she's back there. I'll get a pict this winter

It just makes feel good that I can tow my house down the road if I wanted too, But yeah, a little overkill....seeing as though I don't even have to drive anymore just sit there in the passanger and wait. You can get a good nap in after TONY'S too.

mine is 1998 gmc k1500 4x4 extened cab long box 5.0l. mild suspension work for 2" lift. auburn locker in the rear. baer rotors on the front. kn fipik intake with a tornado and oversize mass airflow. flomaster exh. super chips tuned for optimal 87 octane. deezee tunnauu cover. kickin pioneer stero with 2 10" phoinix gold subs and amp. still runnin stock rubber size bridgestone duler at revos (they suck in snow). she at 158,000 km and still goin strong.

hauls everything i put in the box and behind it including a 3406b cat once (transport desil motor).

My Yamahauler is 2004 Chevy DuraMax with a 6" suspension lift. This pic shows how deep the snow was last year January 5th in New Mexico. We are in a bad dry spell over here with no snow on the ground yet.

This is what I tow my sled with. ;)! And yes it's got a HEMI!!! :WayCool:

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
i pull my 20 foot enclosed tandum axle trailer with my 2005 Ford F-250 crewcab 4x4 6.0 powerstroke turbo diesel....nothing like towing with a turbo diesel.

Attachments

• F250_sledtrailer.jpg
    F250_sledtrailer.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 19
  • truckPic.jpg
    truckPic.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
dlange said:
I think I may have the highest hp truck for towing my sleds. Last week I pulled over 600 at the rear wheels on the dyno with the ol' cummins. lol Not bad for a everyday driver with 120,000. Now thats a motor. ;)!

As you could guess by my name, I tow with a 1994 Dodge CARAVAN 3.3L V6
And it may be the lowest Horsepower vehicle used to tow sleds. LOL!!!
14 MPG with a two place trailer no cover. 10 with a covered trailer.
The best part is without the trailer it gets 26 MPG.
170K miles now. I never got it stuck in the snow.

99 dodge ram 5" lift 35", tires, magnaflow cat no mufflers ,mild cam, dana 44 front and dana 60 rear 4:56 for the future 38"s and another 3 in lift and whole bunch of other things that could take for ever to list

Attachments

• truck sled 027.jpg
    truck sled 027.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 24

Back