Need definate answer or MAX LUG HEIGHT - 99 SRX7

chilli

Hey y'all

I need to know, assuming sled is 100% stock, what the maximum lug height is that I canget away with on my 1999 Srx 700.

Im not worried about studding just yet, and I can factor that in when choosing a track.

I just need to know what the highest lug size I can fit is...1" 1.25" 1.5" etc

Thanks

chilli said:
Hey y'all

I need to know, assuming sled is 100% stock, what the maximum lug height is that I canget away with on my 1999 Srx 700.

Im not worried about studding just yet, and I can factor that in when choosing a track.

I just need to know what the highest lug size I can fit is...1" 1.25" 1.5" etc

Thanks
1.075 Woodys stood plenty over the stock lugged track for trail on both my 98 as well as my 00.

I am sure you know but all stud manufacters measure slightly diff, I found that 1.075 Woodys where actually taller than some 1.15's out there.

Lug height max with stock 9 tooth drivers if you remove the heat exchanger protectors and tunnel protectors is 1.5". If you drop down to 8 tooth drivers you can squeeze in a 2" track.

the 1 1/4 may rub on the front protectors. What track is it (Ripsaw)
You can just leave it rub and it will wear in quick where it rubs or you can notch the track.
Both have been tried by many on here with success.

yes as Yamyrider said a 1.25" will probably rub the protectors but just let it rub and it will wear itself in within a day or two. Had a 1.5" in my srx with 9 tooth drivers, no protectors. This year i reinstalled all protectors and installed a hacksaw with 192 studs.

Back