98 backfiring ???

adam4by4

I was runnin the 98 SRX with 2 gallons of 93 octane and some carb cleaner playin in the fresh 8" we got last night and after she warmed up i made a wot run down the road for about 1000 feet and when i let off the throttle she backfired and shut off my first thought was either i blew it up or bad gas /dirty carbs I pulled it and she fired right up . I rode it for another 30 min or so and the tank was getting empty and it backfired and kinda bogged a bit then ran fine also I noticed a little hesitation when I blipped the throttle could this be dirty power valves I had the machine serviced In 2004 when I put all the mods on and they cleaned them then and Ive only put about 300 miles or so on since that time .what do you think? :yam: Should i clean the carbs I believe they did that as well because I rejetted and It ran great for the 300 miles ????HELP ME OUT

(Nevermind I ran out of gas) (compresions good) my idle went high and i think she was sucking air then I fired it up a few hrs later went 25 ft she cut off gas gauge was pegged @ empty think that was it?

Last edited:

Back