Inner Radius Rod Hiem joint thread and pitch

TimmySRX

I am looking at ordering a custom set of radius rods and I am looking for the inner radius rod heim joint thread size and pitch from a 2001 SRX. Anyone know off the top of their head what it is?

The top and bottom heim joints are different. The top is a 12mmx1.25 with a 12mm bore. I'm not 100% about the bottom but it is larger. I think its a 14mm with a 12mm bore. I could probably let you know tonight. I have one off my sled and can measure the thread pitch.

Who's making your rods?
I worked with Mike over at Fabcraft
I used a set of 15.250 long, 1/2 x 20 US threaded polaris tubes with 1/2x1/2 inner hiems and 1/2 x 7/16th outer.
They have shims to make the 1/2 hole 12mm for the inside
and the shims to make the 7/16 hole, 10mm.
If you tell him your interested in what skidoof600 did, he will know what your talking about

Cool, thanks guys. This is what I found out today. I was told the upper is just that 12mm 1.25 and the lower is 14mm 1.5 the tie rods are 10mm 1.25.

I was going to purchase the rods from a race shop in Ohio. The sell there stock rods very cheap. The 18in long tie rods in t6061-t6 aluminum are just $10. It is a little more for the radius rods, but not much. I will know more after I can tell them the threads I need cut but very good price.

Back