THe BEst MoD foR a viPeR

the go fast parts are worthless without the traction, if you want a better ride , stretch it to 136 and a new track and maybe new shocks(rear) or a custom re-valve , and some clutching .just my opion

Clutch it, tourque stop, and change out the track RipSaw min, if possible 136 it. other than that leave it alone :yam:

gas oil and a ripsaw :) revalve the shocks with someone like pioneer performance, they made a nice big difference for me

SRX pipes, SRX CDI and clutching.....................For lake racing
9818 track, clutching and shock revalve............For trail riding

All depends on what you want to do? :2strokes:

slp pipes, clutch kit, srx heads, rear heat exchanger, and a 121 rip saw are the best mods for a viper most of this you can get used on here and even spend less than $1500

Clutched mine with the 40-10 heelclickers, 3g heel 4 g tip if i remeber correctly with the red sping from kit. Secondary an Advant Edge 48-40 helix at 70 degree twist. It is sweet in the trails and will beat my freinds rev800 in a full out lake run(inches past him). For the money it was my best mod yet. Other than that stay away from the MBRP can sounds soooo sweeeet but loses hp. Clutched i run 8500rpm with stock can from -5C to -45C all the time. With the MBRB can if it is below -15C after some WOT runs it won't rev past 8100.

The rear cooler is also a very good idea.

Suspension wise i find it great in stock form but i do ride it rough and i am used to a rougher ride.(Rode mid to early 80's sleds till I bought it)

With above setup and stock track and jetting i hit 103mph(GPS) on a rough(frozen slush lake) at -45C.

If it ain't Broke "RIDE IT TILL IT IS!!!!"

The best answer, is another question. What kind of riding do you do? Trail, off trail, mountain, lake racing? What would you like it to do, be faster, ride smoother, handle better?

Back