Keepin Skis Down?

BLUE LIGHTNING

okay guys in the summer i long travelled my srx and went for a ride on the weekend and noticed that i couldn't keep the skis down in the corners and always lifted when i give it some throttle when turning. is there any way to make the ski have more wieght on them so i can corner better and keep them down alittle more. my transfer rods are maxed out for the most tranSfer. should i change the limiter straps?

thanks
JP

Wouldn't you want to increase center shock preload? Less preload would make for more transfer to rear being softer?? Or am I thinking backwards??

if the center shock is stiffer it will push the front of the track down for more track touching the snow, thus more traction, more traction means more wieght transfered off the skis and onto the track

thanks for the replys guys will try some options tommorrow nite, just got an email back from maxx perf and they said to remove stock spacers on quick rods and put 7.5 mm spacers instead. so if i snug up the limiter straps and make the rear spring softer i should be headed in the right direction?

please try this first

I did exactly what you did last season, (adding viper shocks, )and had the exact same issue.
I thought...what have I done !!!!!!!....

so. 10 miles down the trail, I moved the rear shock's front attachment ( bolt mounts to a curved slot) closer to the pivot axis, this gave the shock less leverarm at this attachment, effectively reducing the shock rate...
this allowed the suspension to settle more once i sat on it, and therefore moved the center of gravity lower, and MADE THE SLED CORNER ON RAILS AGAIN !!!!!!

amazing what effect that ride height has on turning handling.
i weigh 180 lbs and have not had the suspension bottom out to my knowledge.
this also gave me the best ( softest) ride considering all the discussions on viper shocks being too stiff.

I am extremely happy with the setup

I just hope that going to a new track with different studs this year doesn't screw it up

also, I have 10mm gaps on either side of the transfer rods when i sit on the sled

hope this helps

Ramb

Back