Who wants to get out between the holidays?

i will have to see what the work schedule will be, monday is supposed to be a day off.... might have a group of us together for some off trail riding around Atlanta-Lewiston-Vienna......

Just Let Me Know !! Sounds Fun !!! Im Always In For Some Powder, I Will Have To Take It Easy Though , I Have 0 Miles On A New Top End .

i will have to take it easy too.... i think i just sold the viper.... and yes it brings tears to my eyes..... so i will have to ride wifes vector....

oh , poor you ...lol....so whats the new ride going to be ...

Ok! Toddmeister and I will be coming up to meet yall in Frederic on Wednsday, the 28th. We'll park at the Swamp2 bar, and go from there.

You guys wanna ride in from Gaylord/Lewiston and have breakfast? Or just ride until lunch, we can hit the Settings in Lakes of the Nort. What ever, I'm just pumped to get riding again!

What time to you guys want to meet up?!

John, get ahold of us on Tuesday night... I would say an early start would be great... meet around 8:00 - 9:00 or so. There would be 5 of us riding down from Gaylord.

As for breakfast... I don't know whether the swamp is open during the week or not... remember being there one time last year and they weren't open for breakfast. I'd say lets just plan on riding... eating lunch... and riding some more!

Great we will see ya all in Fredric wed morning.

Toddmeister may even be abel to see his old 500 deluxe that I bought off of him, if my son goes with us.

see ya wed moring, it will be myself, Tom, Chad & April and Chris for sure and maybe my oldest son Justin. Zach will have to stay at the house and be happy with the sno-scoot and grandmas Ovation.

Tod

Sounds awesome! I'm trying to talk my mom into going, but she's afraid we'll be hitting rough trails and there won't be other women along...Maybe she'll come now, eh?

Bigmax, sound like a plan, although I'm not sure we can get to Frederic that early. We could probably meet at 9:30 at the Swamp.

Cant wait for this ride!

bad news guys.... the snow is melting fast!!! been in high 30s all day and its gettin thin this way.... gaylord west should still be good, hope for some christmas snow.....

well only , if the snow is gone by tuesday , im rolling past lewiston and heading up to hessel/cederville , we have a cabin there and i got a call yesterday from the lady down the road and she said they got about 22 inches of snow in three days , so i will give you a call and see how the snow is , but if its melted your more than welcome to come on up for the day , it is really easy to get to the cabin its about 1/2 hour past the mac. bridge , we could do drummand island or something .....keep in touch ..

Tod said:
Great we will see ya all in Fredric wed morning.

Toddmeister may even be abel to see his old 500 deluxe that I bought off of him, if my son goes with us.

see ya wed moring, it will be myself, Tom, Chad & April and Chris for sure and maybe my oldest son Justin. Zach will have to stay at the house and be happy with the sno-scoot and grandmas Ovation.

Tod

Looking forward to seeing you Tod ;)!

Meister

I'm pretty confident we'll have plenty to play on where I'm thinking of going. The trails might be bare in the corners, but we don't need to fookin' trails, eh!

Still on.

just got this email from keith and sandy @ fay's motel keith is a grromer operator for ausable snowmobile club.

Greetings Idled Sledders,

THIS AIN'T RIGHT, IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT.

We said in our last report that a lot can happen in short order.
A lot of stuff has happened, it's just not good stuff.

I took an extensive road trip yesterday and found slushy, ugly trails at most all of the crossings.
This thaw that was predicted to be here for two days has just lingered around and we're not expecting to go into a real freeze pattern until around Wed or so.

The rain and unappreciated high temps have even affected the off trail riding. The snow pack is still there but it's very wet and I can't imagine a good experience in that junk..

Although it hurts financially our suggestion to you is to stay home and do whatever it is that you do there because you're not going to have a good time coming here to ride at this point in time.

As for us, Sandy is doing her Christmas cookie gig and I'm going to watch my beloved Pistons. Too bad the Lions aren't on we could use a good laugh right about now. I think that right after dark we'll use our first Co-Ed Naked Snowdance. That's always good for a laugh as well.

Once again it's time to cram the Spam into the Holiday ham mold.
Mother Nature can indeed be cruel and I'd do a brief description of her but this thing goes out to the public.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Ride Often and Please Be Safe,
Keith, Sandy and the Girls

sorry to rain on your guys' parade, but i dont think it is worth it. ski

bummer.....
i may as well work wed and get the holiday pay for thurs and fri..
i was thinking of sneeking up and suprizing you guys lol

Ya, it's looking not goodish.

I'm going to save my pennies and come up another day or two when the snow machine kicks back on. Gotta get that darned thing fixed :)

Carl! It's been too long carl, hope we get to ride together again this year, my friend!!

Yeah, if you want to trash your sled. And any future that may be left in the trails go for it. I drove back into the woods of Rose City, on my way back from Hillman, to check on the property this morning. There was some snow on the ORV trails, and some snow,dirt,mud,rocks on the sled trails. There wasn't much from M-32 all the way to I-75. Looks like my winter Jeep adventure isn't going to be much fun, unless they get more snow. This is what the two tracks looked like this morning at 8AM.

Attachments

• dscf0276.jpg
    dscf0276.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9

Back