Is it normal for the rear axle to be off the ground?

deekersrx700

I'm just wondering if it is normal for the rear wheels to be slightly off the ground? I have my limiters pulled right tight, how do you get the track to sit level?

i know what your talking about and it drove me nuts for the longest time. you dont need your limiters pulled up all the way. infact if they are all the way, let them loose a little or you wont have any weight transfer. you can check your track tension and if its a little tight you can loosen it a little bit. this will settle the axle (rear end) down a little bit but dont go too loose or your track will ratchet. with anti ratchet drivers you can get away from having it a little looser than normal. next, take that big thick white washer out of the bottom of your transfer rod and swap it with the smaller one on top (do this on both sides) you can also loosen your front shocks a tad bit so it will put more weight towards the back. tighten up the rear rear shock a little. that should take care of it

I would make some adjustments for sure.....the more track on the ground the better hook up.
Loosen the limiters for sure. The lower plastic washer on the transfer rods are a good upgarade as well.

does the skid level out when you are sitting on it? On my '01 the track is probably at least 3/4" off the ground at the rear, but when i sit on it, it levels out fine and it doesn't burn hyfax bad at all. I have the hyfax saver wheel kit as well. Reason mine is so far off the ground is the maxx perf long travel rear with a stiff center spring, and i dont have my limiters pulled up very far.

deekersrx700 said:
"you can also loosen your front shocks a tad bit so it will put more weight towards the back."

Tom can you explain this some more please?

Deek

when you have alot of tension up front on the front shock springs it will actually lift the front end up more casing more ski pressure up front and less pressure in the rear. if your able to wind off the tension a little bit on the front shocks, providing you still have desired ride quality up front it will help settle the back end when you sit on it as there will be more weight on the back end

Last edited:
they engineered the rear off the ground on the 00-02 srx's so that when you gas it, you get more transfer. it does mess up the geometry abit, but it can be over come. you will trade one thing for another when you make changes back there. handling, ride height, hyfax wear, weight transfer, ski pressure ect.... so be careful with the changes. ski

Back