need help with hot grip replacement

INSANE SRX

hi guys, just orderd new oem hot grips and rivits from yamaha wont have them till tommorow but i forgot to ask if i needed any special glue or any thing els to install. i have never put hot grips on before.

the factory glues them but ive taken mine off a few times and i find its easyer just to use the rivits alone they hold fine and incase u ever need to get the throttle assembly off its easyer if u can just sled the grip off again.

all the information on how to install them is with the hot grips. i put one on last year, easy to install. did the old one break on the end? if it did i would install some bar ends(such as knobberz")

JP

Mine always used to bust loose and twist a little bit. Now we put them all on with JB Weld, lol. They do not move, but don't plan on taking them off in one piece either.

no thay did not break at ends but i can see brocken wires. i did put on after market ones on a ski doo years ago thay came with glue wires regulater but not shore how yamaha ones come becuse thay asked if i wanted one or two grips and rivits were seporate

I just replaced one and just used JB weld which is actually what the directions say to use. Basically any type of glue or silicone that can withstand some heat should work.

One of the main reasons they fail is from twisting in the shaft, and overtime the wires will pull apart. On the Yamahas I have delt with I have not found them to be glued. I have used JB weld with good success eliminating this problem. Soc

Back