76 gs 340 ???

Xc Special

first time here,did a search didnt find the info i need,

need a little help.a guy i know asked me to look at his 76 GS340 .
it has a keihin carb,he put in a carb pump/diaprahm kit,so im not positive its install correctly,the pump pulse line hold vac,and and can blow on it and holds pressure,the carb/pump inlet line dosent hold vac or pressure,??
what level do set the fuel level at in the level tube ?,
there a slow speed needle,but no high speed needle,just a cap where the needle should be,there is a jet in there though,

i guess if any one had a exploded veiw of the carb would be great,its carb trouble for sure,just never work on one of this before ,
bottom line,it pumps fuel,but have to prime it to start,but it dosent flow fuel to keep it running
Thanks

Last edited:

Run the fuel about 1/2 way up the site tube. I have a Keihin book back home, but will not be able to scan and post a pic till I get back to work on 1/3/06

Monty

Go to Totallyamaha's homepage ,the left side all the way down has Yamaha parts finder . Just click your way through till yo get what you need to see.

The second jet is a fixed main jet (high speed), the fuel level should be 3/4 up the pipe, ...make sure there is no air getting into the fuel lines as well (this is a common problem with these older sleds), ...and careful on the priming, you may foul the plugs.

Back