How do I make my Ovation go faster??

Yamakid

I am 12 and I ride a 1989 Yamaha Ovation and I am wondering how to make it go faster. I have a stock track that resembles a conveyor belt. Does anyone know if they make a 1" or 1.25" track for the Ovation? Does anyone know how long the track is??? I think it is shorter than 121".

the most boreing things but very effective......clutching and more clutching and true up your drive line!!!!! cut down on friction all you can!!!

Id be scared shitless driving an Ovation any faster than it is now!

Get it clutched and piped and if you can, get it ported and adjust the squish, but you better like the Ovation alot before doing this as all the mods will be alot of $$$

Hey yamakid, how about studding it?
That's what I'd do.
Run it.
Get some more experience and when you feel comfortable on the ovation then upgrade to say a vmax 500 or 600.
Start socking away some $$$. You are already so far ahead of most of us b/c you found TY at an early age. Read every post you can. I wish I had TY when I was 12.
Be safe, have FUN (b/c that's what life is about) and enjoy sledding!!

mul

Mabie sell her and get a enticer 300 or 340,, stock pinned she'll haul the mail with your little butt on it!!!

Rock on little TYer :rockon:

it is a 108" inch track. they are rare and very hard to find. i havent found anyone that makes one. i have a 89 ovation in the back yard and yeah, i have one of the conveyor belt under it too. best of luck.

practice controlling what you have! master it! then work your way up to a bigger sled that you can practice controlling and master! again and again. patient teachers are a plus. i have 4 kids, hence the name. they all ride. my 14 yr old can ride ANYTHING!, but "his sled" is a 600 Mtn Max. next is the 12 yr guy, 570 exiter II. both these kids had the 300 enticer. my 8 yr old daughter is piloting that one. but its not normal. it has a 121" srv skid transplanted under it. my youngest boy takes turn on the enticer, gets bored on the "stupid mini z" as he calls it. again, practice, control, patience,experience, repeat as necessary. good luck!

small sleds are a blast to run. really esy to throw around in the trails. i have 1997 et410t/r that i can make sing and dance because of my time on a et250. my brothers buddy on his rev 800 was having problems keeping me in sight in the trails last weekend as i was leading and settin a pretty wicked pace earing the comment "damn you can make that thing move!!"

why would you want to go faster, this has always intrested me, as I am thinking of going from a 700 to a 500. what do you want to do with the extra speed, race, jump, keep up with your dad, these are all questions you need to think about, because you are asking alot from a sled that was not designed for high speed. with new found power you will need now shocks, (all of them), new skies, and a new track, by the time you pay for all of this stuff to make your sled safer at higher speeds, you could buy a different sled, but than you would still have to deal with your size. I say keep what you have, learn to ride it better than you already do, than move up to a bigger motor sled, just my opinion, your parents will do what is right for you, when that time comes.

just a suggestion get a powder sled for powder ,race sled for racing but who needs
all that speed. lets hill climb instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back