ANYONE LIVE NEAR LARONGE OR DUDDRIDGE LAKE (Besnard)?

KbxSrx

we are going there thursday-sunday to go fishing. Anyone else want to come?

That's a pretty good haul from your neck of the woods. You must know someone with a place up there as there is lots of good ice fishing way closer than that. Anyway, I'm heading to Goodspirit (3hrs east of Saskatoon) for some riding this weekend. Snow is supposed to be really good out there still.

yammerhead

actually, we dont know anyone there, we are going to leave the vehicles at Colins Cabins, then ride sleds 20 miles to the lake, setup there for the weekend. I just cant see tenting at -30c (yes, -30c friday) but if the other guys can do it, I can do it.
cant you see the headlines?
"a group of Paradise Valley men were found frozen to death :shock: in a small tent North (yes North) of Prince Albert this weekend, dumbass Albertans. "

We think all you Albertans are dumbasses already, so you don't have to go and prove it by sleeping in a tent in the dead of winter!! :lol: Hope you have fun. I have friends who winter camped before, but never tried it myself. I'll have a drink in your honor from the hotub at the cabins we rented. (after the ride of course!)

Another friend of mine does a June fishing weekend every year to Besnard. One in their group owns a camp on an island out there somewhere. They always seem to catch some nice fish.

******C L U S T E R P H U C K*****

thats the only word that can possibly describe the weekend. Heading out to Prince Albert (4 hours) we are informed that another couple guys want to ride with us, that the guy leading the circus figures 4 men per room at the hotel is a good idea-NOT. (omen #1) I have never seen anyone so freaking cheap in my entire life. So, we get into the hotel, Steve and I share a room, and the other guys arrive at about 2:00 am, 5 minutes later, 4 rooms away, we hear the guys snoring. yay. (omen part 2)
0 sleep that night. Shitty hotel, mung all over the bedspread, call room service, rip them a new one for the splat on the spread, back to restless sleep.
Day 2 starts ok, head out for laronge, another 250 km north, notice the sleds the other guys are carrying, a BEAT 440 yamaha, a 340 john deer, a 96 600 yamaha pogo stick, a 92 ovation 340, all duct taped and wired together, all pulling 500 lb sleighs, all with real cheap hitches. (omen revisited), notice that Steves Viper has a twisted tunnel.

Anyway, get to the lake a few hours later, get all the shit unloaded, down the trail, and my track locks up. So, off the rx1, loosen the track??? and go again. 5 minutes later, Steve hits a stump, snaps off a lower radius rid, clean. Get that fixed, get another couple miles, hitch breaks off one of the home made sleighs. (Can you say omen?)
Through Friday, find a foot of water on the lakes, pulled a dead sled back to camp, every goddamn old wrecked sled got stuck, then looked to me to yank them out, time after time after time, after all the fakups, slept in a tent at -27c, with 8 snoring fat men, 0 sleep again.
Saturday snow and wind, pinheads stuck EVERYWHERE, so I had no time for fishing, spent all the time being a tow truck. Steve caught a couple prairie sharks, the others caught same, and a few walleye, and after pulling all the old iron out of the water and 3' deep snow we said fak it, went home.
Ran out of diesel 9 miles from Lloydminster (FORD GUAGES SUCK), luckily my Mom was at Grandmas house, pulled into the farm, borrowed Moms car and ran to Lloydminster with a jerry can, back to the farm, only lost a half hour, then pinned it home.
Sleep is a wonderful thing, the nightmare is finally over.

a little more......

oh yeah- the snow was VERY GOOD when it wasnt creating an insulating layer for old junk to die in. Snowed the entire time we were there. I could only think of Custer's immortal last words coming back from 5 hours North of nowhere. The smorg was awesome in PA, after eating burnt to hell ribs and mystery smokies, of course no bbq sauce.

Do I sound a little aggravated?

fishing license 20.00
diesel 100.00
food 40.00
hammock for tent 60.00
sled fuel 50.00
sliders 40.00
waste of weekend money for shitty trip 310.00

having wife flash you when you walk in the door, priceless.

Damm Ken,
Next time you want that kind of fun head over to Cold Lake. I'll pull the truck and camper out to one of the lakes. You can crank the heater, sleep in, and I'll take that RX-1 for a ride. And I'm sure we'll get a lot more ride'n and fishing in.
And if you DONT LIKE IT your only 1 1/2 hrs from home. LOL

Culvert

woohoo

sounds like a plan, but after wasting all that money and driving that far, Revelstoke is looking better and better. You going to make it out west this year? We hope to go in the next week or 2.

give me some dates. I'm on holidays from the 24Mar- 5Apr.
we were going to go to McBride this yr but two of the guys wrecked there sleds. So a little costly for only two of use to drive that far. So I'm on my own and could be interested. If I could make it down to Llyod would you have room in your truck and trailer?

Back