2000phazer

my 2000 phazer has a hauck pipe and hauck clutch kit I have 1" inch track for it but have not put it on. :yrules: :nos: :yam:

The 2000 phazer is actually my brothers but I have a 91 phazer and that 1inch track is going to go on my 91 but I have twin psi pipes for it but don't have manifolds. I do have a rpc pipe on it v max flat slide carbs working on getting it back together. :yrules: :yam:

I'll be riding a 2000 Phazer in Munising this weekend. It is the only sled of ours that is running right now.

I have one, but its the venture, lots of mods but none power or clutch wise, with the exception of Iridium plugs and Vforce 3 reeds. Look at my sig for all the stuff done to it.

Performance wise, so far since iv owned my GPS, had 125 on it with a decent run and the speedo was readin 135 or a little closer to 130, but iv seen speeds over 150 on the speedo but havent seen those conditions for a while. Racing my friends (formula 583, ZL500, two polaris indy 500, and a 488 fan polaris and yamaha exciter, I smoke their @!#@$ until the very end of the lake. Havent got a reading or length of how far I hold the lead until anyone catches up but it is near 10 seconds at least, and they are studded as well. My sled also has 16000 kms and never rebuilt or had any problems at all, super relaible.

Im looking to mod this sled next year motor wise and buy a spare motor just in case something happens to this one with the mods. Simple swap and keeps me riding.

2001blue SXR, can you please elaborate on the mods you have done to your 99, it is so rare to have someone else mod this sled.

Also, if anyone wants to post pics, go ahead. I would gladly do also but I cant put any of my pics on this site, even after reducing the size so tiny. Always trying though

Yamahammer485 said:
2001blue SXR, can you please elaborate on the mods you have done to your 99, it is so rare to have someone else mod this sled.

i had the DG pipes, i cant remember what clutchin i had, i'd have to go back into my sales bills to find out exactly...also installed transfer rods, a camoplast 1" staggered track...it would keep up to the XC500liquid's up to about 90-100mph..then i gave it to my sisters(first mistake) and then let them put in electric start(second mistake)...so that meant taking out the pipe :(

90-100 mph!!, holly ***, I need to do that, whatever it was. Did you get your pipe at Royal distributing before they stopped selling them?, and I cant find anything on the net for DG pipes. I have been looking at the AAENS for years now and just recently saw the ones from Hauck, and not sure if they are compareable in performance and quality. Were the DG pipes famous for making power out of the phazer or anything?.

If I did get a pipe, id get the clutch kit to go with it, such as the ones at Hauck and the ones that go with the AAEN's. It says in RD catologue to ask for the clutch kits, but that might just be an advertisement with no meaning behind it. I know nothing about jetting besides how they work and a breif idea of what to change, but have never had any field work with them. Any pointers on jetting?

Also, already have the maxxperf transfer rods and a bad@$$ 136" ripsaw with 108 woodys stainless studs in the track, and electric start. Does the electric start get in the way or something?

Thanks again for your quick response and would you happen to have any pics of that phazer?

the phazer is now in our upstairs showroom, but i dont have any pics of the pipe or nothing...as far as i know, DG stopped making the pipe...no i didnt buy from RD, bought it from our books here at work...in the phazer, the elec start got in the way of the pipe...thats why we had to get rid of it...for jetting, usually they have what you need listed/in with the pipe...

How fast have you all gone on your phazers so far. Iv had the speedo reading 150+ a few times on a near glare ice track and it was still climbing, but ever since i Got my GPS, the track hasnt been good and the msot I saw on my speedo was just under 135 and the GPS read 125km/h. If the run was longer, id be going faster.

Back