1978 & 1979 SRX'S

RX 3/4 ton

1978 & 1979 Srx's The sleds are sold. THANKS

I have 78 SRX minus the engine, 79 SRX complete, and 78 SRX tunnel,bulk head, and track For Sale. $500 obo for everything it will have to be picked up in Central N.D. Call 701-663-6724 Thanks.

Attachments

• yam1.JPG
    yam1.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 60
  • yam3.JPG
    yam3.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 43
  • yam4.JPG
    yam4.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 48
  • yam5.JPG
    yam5.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 47
  • yam6.JPG
    yam6.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

OMG, man i wish i lived closer. i'd take them in a heartbeat. :WayCool: they are alot nicer than my 78 and 79 i have. you are in the same boat as me sorta. i have a 78 complete and 79 minus the motor and a 79 just chassis. mine are nowhere near as nice. do you have a pic of just the track? what shape is it in?

geez how much do you want for those things?? if i didnt live in pa i would buy em right up...i have 2 78s and an 80 and that 78 is way nicer than one of mine

Still trying to get a hold of the owner. No luck. Phone number is wrong and he's not excepting emails. This sucks. I have a way of getting them home.

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
JUST BOUGHT A NICE ORIGINAL FOR $1000. worth it all day long to me because i owned it 25 years ago!!!! 3:16 (tony)

ok..he's asking $1500(to much??),,not shure what kinda condition it's in.

Another Q,,what should compression be in a good healthy 440???
i may go look at it and check it out.

well, found out today that these had been sold. Bummed out! my race partner and I were waiting to make a final offer on the sleds after the seller agreed to send him additional pictures over 3 weeks ago.
Guess its back the hunt again!

:o|

DUDE, ALL DEPENDS ON CONDITION. I HAVE SEEN SRX,s ANYWHERE FROM $1000 TO $2500!! REAL INPORTANT ON PRICE IS TO KEEP IN MIND IS WHAT ARE THE CONDITION OF COSMETIC PARTS ON THESE !! VERY HARD TOO FIND. GOOD psi is 140 !! 3:16 (tony)

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
DUDE, ALL DEPENDS ON CONDITION. I HAVE SEEN SRX,s ANYWHERE FROM $1000 TO $2500!! REAL INPORTANT ON PRICE IS TO KEEP IN MIND IS WHAT ARE THE CONDITION OF COSMETIC PARTS ON THESE !! VERY HARD TOO FIND. GOOD psi is 140 !! 3:16 (tony)

thx ;)!

Just remember they dont make these anymore.....

daman said:
Whats a '79 srx worth??

a guy around here is selling one....
Overall condition, supply, demand and how bad you want one is going to dictate the selling price.

$1500 for one that is in very, very, very good shape, should look like and need nothing would not be outa line. Myself I'm a fan of the 77's, 78's and 80's and would pay that or more for a pristine one. If this one is the one you what then I'd say go offer him $1200.00, let'em counter.......

SR433 said:
Overall condition, supply, demand and how bad you want one is going to dictate the selling price.

$1500 for one that is in very, very, very good shape, should look like and need nothing would not be outa line. Myself I'm a fan of the 77's, 78's and 80's and would pay that or more for a pristine one. If this one is the one you what then I'd say go offer him $1200.00, let'em counter.......

Ok..whats the best year?.........for most HP??

Your kidding right?

daman said:
Ok..whats the best year?.........for most HP??
Now if you dont know the answer to that question your not really an SRX fanatic are you? :lol: :confused:

Just joking! I'm sure many are thinking the same thing though!

Anyone knows the '77 was the and still is the most awesomest SRX ever built! Lots of HP and the lightest of all the years for that model. Besides the '77 my prefference for the '78 is the "black" hood, always thought they were the coolest of the "white" sleds. The 1980, while the engine certainly had some short comings that black & gold hood with the gold anodized chassis just rocks!

Besides, you can just about build a '77 motor and put it in any of them!

Yea my vintage skills are a little rusty:)......just kinda wondering, i'd like to
pick one up just to collect it...

was there any problems with the '79's

Thanks for your help. ;)!

Last edited:
Hey Daman,
Go buy it now. In two years you'll pay double. This vintage muscle sleds are getting out of hand. I've seen 77's go for $8500 and 78's go for $3500 right now. Dean-o. Hey Tony, I'm back!!!!!

daman said:
Yea my vintage skills are a little rusty:)......just kinda wondering, i'd like to
pick one up just to collect it...

was there any problems with the '79's

Thanks for your help. ;)!
No problem, sorry but I had to razz you...

No issues with the 79's that I'm aware of, but like you so kindly reminded me we're all getting a little "rusty"! LOL!

Deanosmod - Were are you seeing those numbers at? That's rediculas! Must be from a "collection" of someones?

Back