1978 & 1979 SRX'S

YOU GUYS ARE REALLY MAKING ME LAUGH!! REALLY BRINGING BACK ALOT OF MEMORIES. FIRST LET ME SAY TO YOU GUYS SEE THIS GUY '' DEANOSMOD "' AND HI DEAN BY THE WAY!! HE HAD PROBLEY THE NICEST 77 SRX LEFT TODAY AND MY BEST FRIEND STILL HAS IT TODAY. THIS SLED IS A PRESTINE SHOW PIECE AND PROBLEY SHOW BE IN A VAULT SOMEWHERE. THATS RIGHT $8500 EASY !!! I MSELF STILL HAVE THE 1980 SRX I BOUGHT NEW, I JUST ONE FIRST PLACE WITH IT AT THE GREAT EASTERN WHITEOUT. PROBLEY THE BIGGEST VINTAGE SHOW IN THE EAST. MY SRX IS NOT RESTORED. IT IS EXACTLY THE WAY I BOUGHT IT IN JANUARY OF 1980. I ALSO JUST BOUGHT A 79 SRX THAT I OWNED, BUT NEEDS SOME TLC TO BRING TO SHOWS.
SR433, DUDE, YOU SEEM PRETTY SHARPE WITH THIS STUFF, BUT I DON,T BELIEVE YOU WILL FIND A SRX THAT NEEDS NOTHING. MOST WERE RUN HARD AND WRECKED. ALSO I KNOW OF A PEOBLEM 79 SRX,s HAD ALONG WITH 78,s!! YAMAHA CAME OUT WITH COUNTERBALANCER FOR CRANKSHAFTS BECAISE OF HIGH RPM VIBERATION, OTHERWISE PRETTY BULLET PROF SLEDS IN THEIR DAY!! 3:16 (tony)

Hey Tony,
I just restored a 77 srx pro stocker back to original look. I have over $6500 in it now. It's close to being perfect. I'm still looking for a set of hook bars. Hey i sold my other stock 77 to Eric Soles. I'm sure you know him. By the way I'm buying everthing I can right now and more later. This 76,77,78,79,and 80 srx stuff is going mad now. Just wait five years. Think about it. I wish I never sold the sled that I sold to Mark. MY WIFE TALKED ME INTO THAT. I'm still kicking myself. Sucks to be me. See at the shows. Dean-o

DEAN, I CAN REMEBER MARK TELLING ME TO TALK HIM OUT OF BUYING YOUR 77 SRX ALL THE WAY TO YOUR HOUSE!! lol! YA THAT WORKED. HEY BY THE WAY, WAS BUY YOUR HOUSE TODAY, WENT TO BIG MOOSE!! FREK,IN F-7,s all over the place. 3:16 (TONY)

Still only worth what someone else is willing to pay......

Hey guys, I'm not bashing but I still think your a little out in left field....

I'll agree that every older sled no matter how nice can alway's need something. I've seen some pretty nice SRX"s this past fall/winter that didnt need to much and were still way, way, way under what you guys' are quoting $$$$! Even though vintage racing is making a big comeback around here the main reasons I'm not getting back into this is lack of time and my little one's still way to young to ride a crotch rocket. I guess I should be buyin this stuff to turn for some quick cash! I gotta get ahold of my buddy that still has a bunch of this stuff from way back when we used to race. He'd get a kick outa sell'in you his stuff for outragious amounts of $$$$!

Have fun do'in what your do'in but by you paying all that $$$ is not helping the sport any...........

I AM ALITTLE OUT IN LEFT FIELD ? !!!! DUDE, BIG BIG DEFFERENCE IN SLEDS THAT ARE USED FOR OVAL VINTAGE RACING AND SLEDS THAT PROBLEY WILL NEVER HAVE GAS RUN THROUGH THEM AGAIN. STARTING WITH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 3:16 (tony)

Tony,
I looked last night for the parts that you need. I don't have anything. I'll check more when I recieve all the parts from Canada. Lots of 8F stuff coming soon. Dean-o

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
I AM ALITTLE OUT IN LEFT FIELD ? !!!! DUDE, BIG BIG DEFFERENCE IN SLEDS THAT ARE USED FOR OVAL VINTAGE RACING AND SLEDS THAT PROBLEY WILL NEVER HAVE GAS RUN THROUGH THEM AGAIN. STARTING WITH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 3:16 (tony)
I think you've taken offense to my comments and I appoligize...

If what you guys are into and trying to do is build a trailer queen then by all means spend your hard earned cash that is your choice. What I was reffering to are not BTH old racers either. I've seen some very gently used, respectabley priced 76 to 80 SRX's. Some have been "re-stored", most were bought for all the wrong reasons, put away in the barn, garage or shed and forgotten about until someone hears of someone lookin and remembers they have one! And if the persons not been tainted by what he heard someone else is selling theres for or gotten for there's you can ususally expect the price to be quite reasonalbe. Same things happing to muscle cars and resorts going condo around here. People with money are paying outragious amounts of money for this stuff for no other reason other than they can! They want it, they buy it! Sweat equity means nothing to these people and all its doing is driving the prices beyond what the avearge Joe can afford.

Once again, good luck with yours guy's "projects" but IMHO its a waste to have such a viable piece of snowmobile history that will never see another drop of gas or even worse never get ridden as it was designed to be........

SR433,
That's where your wrong. I'm building these sleds to show and go. I'm building them to run in the vintage grass drags. I have spent 10 times as much on mod sleds. I like my stuff to look the best it can and still be able to run them down the track. My trail vintage muscle sleds are also restored to look there best and yes they will be trail riden. As a matter of fact my wife will be driving a perfect 78 srx on the trails next year. When I mean perfect I mean a 10. I like my stuff perfect. This is my thing now that I'm getting older. I enjoy these sleds a hell of a lot more then the new ones. Dean-o

Denosmod, the above statement by your buddy here is were I got the idea of you guys' building a trailer queen.

I applaud your efforts and your passion for the sport. There's nothing like going to a vintage race and see all the hard work thats gone into these sleds and to watch them compete! I have some freinds that still do the "mod", "open mod" and "unlimited" class stuff and I've seen what those guys spend on those sleds. $10,000 into the "long block" of an engine is more common than not. If not for sponsors with deep pockets the sport would be a lot different......

Where do you and your wife race? Do you do mostly grass drags or do you compete on the ice as well? BTW - Good Luck! ;)!

BTW - Your comment: "I enjoy these sleds a hell of a lot more then the new ones. Dean-o". As far as racing goe's I agree with you 100%. But when it comes time to ride the trails I'm getting older as well and do enjoy the "softer" ride of the new ones! :wink:

SR433, FIRST OFF, YOU CAN THANK E BAY!! LOOK AT WHAT VINTAGE SLEDS ARE GOING FOR THERE. SECOND, YOU CAN ASK WHATEVER YA WANT FOR YOUR SNOWMOBILE, CAR, MOTRCYCLE WHATEVER!!! PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY, OH WELL!! ANYWAYS I HAVE A TRAILOR QUEEN. AND I DID NOT BUILD IT. MY 1980 SRX HAS NEVER BEEN RESTORED. ITS 100% ORIGINAL. I JUST WON AT A MAJOR EVENT HERE IN THE EAST WITH IT IN THE UNRESTORED MUSCLE CLASS. ITS PROBLEY ONE OF THE FEW ORIGINAL SRX,s LEFT THAT HAS NOT BEEN WRECKED, OR RAN DOWN SO IT HAD TO BE RESTORED. I WOULD THINK ONE WOULD SAY THATS PRETTY INPRESSIVE. I ALSO JUST BOUGHT A 1979 SRX THATS ALSO A GOOD ORIGINAL, BUT NOT A TRAILOR QUEEN AND VERY RIDEABLE. YA SEE I AM OLD TOO AND THESE ARE THE SLEDS I GREW UP ON, I LIKE TO KEEP THEM IN THE BEST CONDITION I CAN AND I HAVE NO INTREST IN VINTAGE OVAL RACING. DO I HOPE TO MAKE MONEY ON THE THEM SOMEDAY, SHURE!! BUT I HAVE NO INTREST IN SELLING THEM. I ENJOY SHOWING THEM AT VINTAGE SHOWS AND HANGING OUT WITH GUYS THAT REMEBER THESE SLEDS. TO EACH HIS OWN DUDE!!!!! 3:16 (tony)

"DUDE" ??? LOL! - Might I suggest trying decaf and turning the cap locks off?

BTW - "DUDE" - I'll admit I'm envious of you, that you have such classics in pristine shape. Hats off to you "DUDE".......

HEY DUDE!! I BET YOU WHISH YOUR HAD ALL THESE SLEDS YOU HAVE LISTED IN YOUR GARAGE AS '' TRAILOR QEENS '' !! WHO YOU KIDDING lol!! 3:16 (\tony)

HEY DUDE!! I BET YOU WHISH YOUR HAD ALL THESE SLEDS YOU HAVE LISTED IN YOUR GARAGE AS '' TRAILOR QEENS '' !! WHO YOU KIDDING lol!! 3:16 (\tony)
DUDE!!!! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! PROBLEM IS WHEN I OWNED THOSE SLEDS THEY COULD ALL HAVE BEEN BOUGHT/OWNED FOR ABOUT A LITTLE MORE THAN A GRAND A PIECE OR LESS!!!!

BTW-SCREW THE SLEDS I WISH I HAD A COUPLE OF THE CARS I OWNED WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AS "TRAILER QUEENS" RIGHT NOW!

TAKE CARE.......... "DUDE"......... :rockon:

Hello,
I'm restoring the 78. I'll try calling you. I need a receipt for the 78. Was it ever registered? Thanks Dean

Back