Long Travel/Doing sx-r or srx front end

01Vmax89

Hey guys CB makes the aluminum front end kit for the SRX's, SX-R's and SX-Vipers I want to do a lightweight front end in my 01 Vmax along with gaining travel. Also Durablity. I no the Upper shock mounting brackets are different but what other geometries change he and is this possible I am not running a Sway Bar which makes little difference in the length the arms should be able to move.

Thx Jon

I no there were some posts in just doing Viper Shocks and the minors but did a couple searches and couldn't find much =/

the later vmax like 200o and up were all long travel i belive. the xtc adn xt were long trave the xt had hydrolic shocks and the xtc had rebulidible gas. if ur vmax is an xtc or a 2000 and up u wont be able to gain any travel. gainging travel only works on the srx and the sx by taking radius rods, sway bar, shocks and steering rods of a sxr, xtc or viper or a newer vmax. if ur not geting the ride u want go with some ohlins or a revalve ur stock shocks.

Hey Terret
It's a 01 If they had come with the long travel stock is there any way to raise the front end Cuz i know on the srx you can flip the brackets but the vmax there are no brackets to be able to filp. Other than a set of ohlins and maybe making some brackets any way to raise the front end? Planning on putting a Pro x or F cat skid in for the extra travel and better ride

if you have aluminum shocks they are rebuildable and can be revalved for more agressive riding. as for putting longer travel shocks on i think your money would be better spent on a rear skid. leave the front alone. just install a/mono/m10/expertx

Hey Viper it's just got kimpex gold on it at the moment. Went through two of them last year and just got the same thing since money was tight. Just did a 4th wheel kit and adjustable tranfer rods on the Pro action skid. Also bought a new top end kit and track and slides. Yet haven't had the motavation to put it back together for only 3 weeks of riding if that since we haven't had enough snow to ride yet. 600 bucks between the two and doing a big bore kit this summer and different skid and not sure if staying with the 121"x15" depending what I get for a skid. But would the aluminum front end fit since it would have all the radius rods and ever thing since I guess the only differece between the arms are a couple degree camber? But the new boss seat looks pretty sick on the polished tunnel =) Also 80 bucks for registration for 3 weeks at the most is quite steep.

Thx Jon

Back