vintage sucks sometimes

archer

Trying to get the skid off my '79 exciter. Can't get the nut off the speedo side of jack shaft. Nut measured at about 1.14 inches on dial caliper. Anyone know socket size for this nut? Heat and pliers are'nt doing it so far...

To remove the socket use creset wrench 10" or 12" and open the jaws to fit on inside of the drive shaft and tight the wrench to it. A 30mm socket will also do the trick. There is very little play in the socket. Turn the ratchet to the point that the inside wrench makes contact with the track against the tunnel. You will now be able to losten the nut. Their is not enough torque on the nut to do any damage to the track. Brad

Tried cresent wrench, couldnt get it in there. I will try 30mm socket. wish I could borrow one. Anyone in Brighton MI area with one?

30 mm

I have the 28 and 30 mm, but im pretty far away

archer said:
Tried cresent wrench, couldnt get it in there. I will try 30mm socket. wish I could borrow one. Anyone in Brighton MI area with one?

Did it that way Junior- nut came off clean. Hope I can get it all back together. Well its good practice if I ever need to do the same thing on SRX or SXR! and a lot cheaper.

Back