81 enticer problem

cj7e

Just got the enticer running and I think I blew the motor.
Riding it in the field for about 2 min. when a popping noise came from the motor. After shutting the sled down it froze up. I Got it freed up by moving the clutch back and forth. Now I figure piston and rings. Anyone know the carb settings for this sled so it doesn't happen again. The top one of the pistons looks all scraped up. Haven't had time to pull apart yet. I tried to start it but it doesn't seem to want to run. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

what model enticer?

sounds like she needs a piston and ring job at the least cause that how my dads et250 sounded when i poped the motor. he had scuffed the piston 5-6 years previously so it wasnt like it was unexpected. if it has a decompessor weld a plug in the damn thing. ours blew 10hrs after the new piston was installed and wiped out a new piston and rings.

I would do a compression test first. Be very careful. You could have some floating metal that could further damage you engine. I have cylinders and wiseco pistons for one of those engines, if its the 340. I also have a 340 Excell engine that has ele. start for $300.00. If you are still interested in getting carb specs call me at (518) 293-6213. I have the factory manual for those sleds. Brad

Back