Pic in Sig w/o becoming huge.

Yamahammer485

Hey everyone

Im trying to put a pic of my sled in my signature but the closest I have gotten is a great big jumbo pic of my sled that is bigger than the screen, and a link to the site it is on. I have it resized small, I have it croped as well, all tryiong to make it as small as possible.

Anyone know what to do in this situation so that I can put in my pic without it becoming the size of the screen?

Thanks

attch the picture and someone will resize it.. Was it this one? I change it to 96dpi and 150pixels wide

Attachments

• 2026158590074456371tIEMFm_ph.jpg
    2026158590074456371tIEMFm_ph.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 111
Yes that is the pic, and thank you for resizing.

I will now try and do that.

Also, just to make sure, are you saying that I should jsut post my gagantic picture and someone will correct it for me?

Thanks again

Yamahammer485 said:
Yes that is the pic, and thank you for resizing.

I will now try and do that.

Also, just to make sure, are you saying that I should jsut post my gagantic picture and someone will correct it for me?

Thanks again

Note that if you're attaching a picture, you'll be limited as to size. If you link to a picture, there's no limit, but you have to have your own web space to store it.

Best thing to do is to resize the images appropriately. Use your photoeditor (Photoshop Elements is a good one, or try Irfanview which is free) and first change the resolution to 72 ppi. Anything higher than that is just a waste because it's the best a computer monitor can do. Note that most cameras' jpegs are somewhere between 180 and 300 ppi, so changing the resolution is a must. After you change the resolution, change the size. Most people's monitors will display an 8-inch wide image without having to scroll it, so just adjust the width to about 8 inches keeping the height proportional. Then click "save as" and choose jpeg. When you do that, it will ask you about the quality - the better the quality the less compression and the bigger the file. You want your posted image to be less than 200 kb as a courtesy to the rest of us, so scale down the selected jpeg quality to get to that level or less.

Yamahammer485 said:
Check out the pic in my Signature, Works like a champ!

I can't see it... try hosting it at photobucket.com... webshots is pretty sketchy and doesn't like remote linking a lot of times.

Back