my 1st ride - 37 yrs ago!

montynormand

as some of you may know, my father is fighing a battle with cancer. So each weekend, I have been taking a family photo album to him and having him tell me some stories behind each picture. Well we really had fun this weekend as some were of his early yamaha's. This is the 1st ride he ever gave me. I was only 8 months old in the winter of 1970. Were on his 1969 SS396. Mom made him sell it becouse she told him the pipes were too loud for my ears!!!!

Attachments

• 1st ride.jpg
    1st ride.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 18

Monty, my heart go's out to you brother, i have been there with my dad,but the toughest thing i ever had to go through was after my dad passed away,my mom passed away 1 week to the day after he did.totally serious here,its been 4yrs now but,was a very trying time in my life,but i know they are together in heaven.....Godspeed my friend.Great story to cherish with your kids,and as well as sharing it with your dad.

That is a cool pic and story! Hang on to all these old pictures! I'm sure you dad is strong fighter and won't give up too easily.
pray.gif

I know what you're going through. My dad (who was my best buddy) died 14 years ago after a 2.5 year battle with cancer at 42 years old with 4 young kids (7 years old being the youngest). My mom being a waitress and me being the oldest and in college, I had to step into dad's shoes to help the family out and sacrafice things. It was very hard and I sure do miss him alot, but I know he looks over me.

Didn't meant for this post to bring anyone down, but throught I'd share my experience as well.

Hope your dad pulls through Monty, I'll say a prayer for him. God bless.

great story, thanks for sharing! great to hear about you sharing time and memories with your father. lost my grandfather a few years back. miss all the fishing etc. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Great story I lost my mother 4 years ago to cancer and lost my father a year and a half after that ... Its been very tough to deal with ... I think you are doing the right thing spend as much time as you can with him ... God Bless ...

Back