29.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 07_omt_gt_red_3b.JPG
    07_omt_gt_red_3b.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 07_omt_gt_red_3.jpg
    07_omt_gt_red_3.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

I was thinking yamaha should offer a free Warn Winch for the Mt.Lite just like they do for the ATV's

totally agree with ya crewchief on those side panels. looks much cleaner if you ask me. nice job!!! hey, if you feel like it, thinjk you could take the mountain lite and turn the white into orange, and then leave the grey as it is. i think that'd be a sweet sled!!! thanks!!!

Attachments

• 07OMTMtnLite_3.jpg
    07OMTMtnLite_3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 07_omt_mtn_lite_4.jpg
    07_omt_mtn_lite_4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 07_omt_mtn_lite_1.jpg
    07_omt_mtn_lite_1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 17
I love the left side panel design!!! I like the way it shows the CVT and wouldn't change it for the world!

At first I was thinking Yammi should have made both sides like the left side, but that would just be stupid... making it look like there's clutches on both sides of the sled.

First when I seen the PZ I thought I'd never be able to get used to both sides not being symetrical, but the more I look at it, the more I love it! I'm actually glad Yammie made both sides different.

It's kinda like a dirtbike or ATV, the engines are exposed on these machines, and both sides look different.

the other thing i think yamaha should come out with is a fairing that would be small but mount over and around the headlight down to the sides of the hood for more wind protection.this with the low wind shield would set this sled off,and also would give a place to lay some graphics down on it as well.

I like everything symetrical, cant stand it if its not. When I order a part, I ask for at least two stickers so I can put one on both sides.

That looks awsome like that, but maybe the asymetrical shape will grow on me.

OR, yamaha or aftermarket could offer a replacement sidepanel that looks like the other side!

Yamahammer485 said:
OR, yamaha or aftermarket could offer a replacement sidepanel that looks like the other side!

Although I'm probably not getting one soon, I thought the same thing. If one of those aftermarket ATV plastic guys put out some decently priced symetrical side panels, in colours even, they may sell alot.

sxviper32 said:
thinjk you could take the mountain lite and turn the white into orange, and then leave the grey as it is. i think that'd be a sweet sled!!! thanks!!!

I tried a little but MS Paint kinda sucks for colour changes, and I don't have anything better like photoshop, sorry. Maybe someone else can tackle that.

crewchief47, You read my mind on the side panel, the clutch cover has been bugging me all week. I'd like to see a faring like redmater but would like to see a updated version of the bar mounted faring and headlight. Some guys used to say the steerable headlight was a bad idea, but really works great once you get used to it. a faring would also allow for a better gage mount. The current windshield looks like a lexan motorcycle windshield. I'm not into retro let alone bad retro.
HUBCITYSX

mount the gauge somewhere else too ;) seems ridiculous, even though there isnt another place for the gauge :( nice work guys, looks a lot better being the same on both sides

I like REDMATERS fairing idea. It gives it character, more then the atv look. Looks much better with the panels both the same. I hate it when things aren't clean looking.

crewchief47 said:
Played with paint tonight, here's the results. I'm not sure why they didn't do the clutch side like this anyway, can't imagine there is much more weight in plastic, if any. Oh ya, which bumper from DG would you pick or should there be a new design?
http://www.dgperf.com/ATV/ATVproducts.asp?BrandID=2&Model=+YFZ+450&Submit=Go

remember, you don't want the bumper to be stronger than the frame. I wasn't real impressed with the left side either, but I don't like a fake radiator there.

Back