New Nbssr Is700 Record!

. The NBSSR TRAIL improved stock 700 record is 119.9 held by GMCSRX.

Are you sure that's right? I know Larry Simon's sx used to run 122-124 in trail improved and my brother's 99 SRX ran over 120 as a stock sled. Maybe they've changed the classes since then..it was a few years ago now.

Congradulations either way!! Good to see blue still putting up the numbers!

I'm not sure, Claude told me 119.9 in Trail Improved. Wow if its 124 I've got alot of work to do. lol
It's all fun either way, great way to meet awesome people.
Deek

Actually I ran 123.2 but back then we there was no Trail class and we had speed tracks. 120 with a stock track is very respectable...Fastsx

Congratulations! to all you SRX test pilots.
can you tell me what mods can be done to run in the Trail Improved Stock 700.
thanx.

Deek.
I just visited their website and got all the infro i needed,Thanx.
I'm from Peterborough and on Chemung Lake my best pass was 121.4(2000 ft.) and on Rice Lake 112 (1000 ft.)

X (Dave)

Trail Improved Stock:

Track and Suspension

Speed tracks are NOT allowed in Improved, minimum of 0.500 lug.
OEM front suspension must be used,addition or removal of wheels permitted.
Idler wheel size and material change permitted.
Enviromentally friendly lube systems NOT allowed.
OEM ski's or aftermarket ski's must be a minimum of 40 inches.
Rear suspension can be NON OEM. Must be a trail suspension.
Suspension must retain 2 inches of front and rear travel.

I didn't realize this, but it looks as though the sled can be tied down, providing you maintain the minimum of 2" of suspension travel. It only states in the Trail Stock Classes this:

Trail Stock Class
Track and Suspension

Speed tracks are NOT allowed in stock classes. Minimum 0.500 inch lug height.
OEM suspension must be used,addition or removal of wheels permitted.
Enviromentally friendly lube systems NOT allowed.
OEM ski's or aftermarket ski's must be a minimum of 40 inches.
Must retain OEM drive sprockets.
No lowering of the machine is allowed.Suspension must retain 2 inches of front and rear travel. The only way of lowering a sled is by using the provided factory adjustments. No straps, chains or wires permitted.
Carbide tiped trail studs only.

Argh.
How does it sound for this upcoming weekend? Is Claude still planning on holding it? Sounds like it's going to be cold all week.

pretty simple to lower a srx without tying it down, simply place a piece of ductape up around the frt spring colars, lower frt by reducing the spring tension. For the rear, install larger or even double the rear transfer rod bottom spacers, then suck up front limiter straps.

Hey bogger.. you off this weekend.. sure hope to see you both there. We have to work Saturday.. but we'll meet up with you at Churchills for the presentations in the evening. Does Bonnie have a 120 up her sleeve?
Lise

Back