Mountain trailing arms and drop brackets

Viper_Jim

Just wondering what your thoughts are on these two upgrades.....I got a trailing arm bent up so the way I look at it....its just as well to go better when I replace it....will the viper mountain (mountain performance trailing arms) fit a regular viper? Will I need the sway bar kit? and also, what are your opinions on drop brackets on the Viper? I spend a fair amound of time messing around off the trails and feel this would be an asset....

Also....will mountain max ones fit my viper and where is the best place to find them....I'm having trouble locating them online where I can buy them with no hassel

Mountain max ones have less spindle height i believe, and will lower the front end (that is if you get the spindles for the mountain max as well)

I have been using MPI's one piece chrome moly trailing arms since 98 (two set's of arm's, one on a XTC the other on my Viper. The lighter weight is nice. But what you'll notice most, is the round tube design allows deep snow to funnel out between the belly pan and trailing better for less snow build up in the front end.
As far as durability goes, no issue's with the original set I bought for the XTC. I sold them to my buddy when I sold the sled. He is still using them on his Mountain Max today with no problems.
The set I have on the Viper, I've had some cracking issue's at some welds, ( the welds are not as nice as the ones on the 98 arms). I pulled the arms off and took them to a local machine shop, and had them TIG welded up. They seem to be holding up now.
Not sure why there is a difference in weld quailty between the two set's. I bought the Viper arms in 02, so they were some of the first ones made for the Viper, maybe they had a different welder working then.
I finally bent one this year ( hooked a carbide on grated bridge), it put about a 3" wow in it. Best thing though is the arm bent without damage to the tunnel. I was about to replace it when I figured I might as well try and straighten it. Holding it in a vise between a couple blocks of wood, and using length of exhaust tubing (soft so it dosn't kink the arm), I was able to get it PERFECTLY straight again! Something that is not possible with stock arm's.
Aftermarket arms use the same part # for the Mountain Viper and short track's.

Last edited:
Thanks....that pretty much answered everything.....

Anyone know about the drop brackets though or had any experience with them??
thanks

Does anyone know if Viper trailing arms will fit on a mountain max? I would like to increase my ride height and was thinking of going with viper arms and spindles but I assume I would need the tie rods too as they might be longer? I thought the rod ends were different on the Viper were they bolt to the frame in the middle though. Anyone know if this will work?

We sell both lightweight trailing arms and drop brackets for that sled. The viper ones will get your front end higher off the ground with longer spindal housings. The trailing arms take 6.8 pounds off the front end and out of all the kits we have sold, we have Yet to have someone break our trailing arms. The yeild on these arms are far higher then the yield on the stock arms or other trailing arms on the market. We sell a pair of trailing arms for $550. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks

Not only are they extremely strong but because we have so much confidence in our product, if you break one of our trailing arms within one year of purchase, we will replace it for you under normal use. No other company out on the market offers this! It doesn't get any better then that! Not to mention, they are shiny. lol. Try us out, it is a win win situation. Thanks

Last edited:
2ooosrx said:
We sell both lightweight trailing arms and drop brackets for that sled. The viper ones will get your front end higher off the ground with longer spindal housings. The trailing arms take 6.8 pounds off the front end and out of all the kits we have sold, we have Yet to have someone break our trailing arms. The yeild on these arms are far higher then the yield on the stock arms or other trailing arms on the market. We sell a pair of trailing arms for $550. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks

I've been wondering about the drop brackets....are they a direct bolt on and are they hard to set up??? I would love to see a pic of them....this is one mod that I must do this year

We are going to be making these and they are offset drop brackets so that you will not have to modify your rear suspension. They will be available shortly and are $89. I do not have any pictures at this moment.

I have everything 2000srx is talking about. they are great front ends. i ride aggresively, and have had no troble with the front end. the drop brakets are not exactly bolt in and go, but it is very easy to install, and gets you alot better snow flow. Maxdlx

ps my avatar has the front end kit and the drop brakets in it. maxdlx

Rear drop brakets. You need to be very maticulus when moving your rear suspension, or it will bind. It is an easy move, just needs to be done carefully. Maxdlx

maxdlx said:
Rear drop brakets. You need to be very maticulus when moving your rear suspension, or it will bind. It is an easy move, just needs to be done carefully. Maxdlx

When you say this.....how do you ensure there will be no binding, does the suspension have to be dropped very very slowly??

Do you still sell these trailing arms. I know that this is an old thread

here is a link to their website

Back