Viper almost back together!!

Yamasquaw

Finally after a month and abit I've been plugging away on it when i've had time. We still have a couple feet of snow, but no acumulation since i hit that rock, so i didn't care if it was done right away. Hopefully it works for the rest of the year anyway. :rocks:

Attachments

• torn vipe2.jpg
    torn vipe2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 20
  • fixing3.jpg
    fixing3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 24
  • fixing1.jpg
    fixing1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 23
  • fixing4.jpg
    fixing4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 12
  • fixing2.jpg
    fixing2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 18

So with damage like that, you just bent things back and riveted a plate onto it? I always thought that would be a tunnel job. Can you explain how that was done? Thanks.

Viper Treats- My buddy straightened the steering tie rod and lower radius rod on a press at his work.I had to buy an upper one, and a trailing arm. Once it was stripped down i blocked up under neath the running board and pounded it down with a dead blow hammer. Then ran a metal rod up the rolled edge of the running board. Bought some 1/8" aluminum and cut it shape with a jig saw and put a piece on the top and bottom and sandwiched the rip together. Drilled holes at the ends of the rips so they can't go any farther. Used a 1" metal hole saw for the board grips so the aluminum could come together nicely and voila! Just have to get a ski saddle or make one if i can find some channel aluminum.....trailing arm- $99, radius rod-$50 ,bushings-$25 , aluminum-$8 and lots of rivets.

Back