Own New Yamahauler

YamiSmurf

Picked up an 03 4Runner Limited V8 a couple of months ago. Solid vehicle, but the gas mileage sure does suck. But that was to be expected. Oh, Can't forget the Floe.

YS

Attachments

• toyotatrailer 001.jpg
    toyotatrailer 001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 12
  • toyotatrailer 002.jpg
    toyotatrailer 002.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 9

very nice truck! mileage cant be that bad, i can squeeze 17hwy out of my 2006 4.7 tundra. as soon as you drain the 90w gear lube out of the rear diff and replace it with 75w90 amsoil you will get 1 mpg better mileage!

N2OIROC, Thanks, we love the truck. Gas mileage when pulling at 70mph is 9-10 mpg. Around town, it's 15 and on the highway not pulling its 17 or so. Much better quality than that Ford Exploder we had.

Is it difficult to change the rear diff. fluid. Plan on having the dealership do all the maintanance. To bad the Oil filter isn't up top like the 6 cylinders.

Thanks again.

YS

YamiSmurf said:
N2OIROC, Thanks, we love the truck. Gas mileage when pulling at 70mph is 9-10 mpg. Around town, it's 15 and on the highway not pulling its 17 or so. Much better quality than that Ford Exploder we had.

Is it difficult to change the rear diff. fluid. Plan on having the dealership do all the maintanance. To bad the Oil filter isn't up top like the 6 cylinders.

Thanks again.

YS
almost the same mileage as me! changing the rear diff lube is really easy. you dont even need to jack it up. there is a drain plug on the bottom of the housing, (22mm i believe) pull it. let it drain for an hour (the lube is THICK) put the plug back in, remove the fill plug (also 22mm) and fill with new lube. dont worry about the new stuff being much thinner. it still protects better than the factory stuff but has much better mobility.

Thanks for the info. Is there anything else we should be aware of or do to our truck? New to Toyota. Thanks Again.

Oh, How often do you change your diff. fluid?

YS

YamiSmurf said:
Thanks for the info. Is there anything else we should be aware of or do to our truck? New to Toyota. Thanks Again.

Oh, How often do you change your diff. fluid?

YS
nothing special to do. i would recommend using only toyota parts down to oil and air filters though. they say the transmission fluid never needs changing, i really wouldnt do that though. i plan on changing all fluids and plugs and stuff at 50,000 or sooner.

Back