A few pics from last weeks ride with the VX7R and Attak

Boomer

Lifetime Member
Here's a few pictures of my Viper along with my wifes new Attak taken last week in the Keweenaw area of the UP of Michigan. We got there the day after the big storm. Clear and sunny riding and the snow was nice and firm so we could go anywhere.

Attachments

• VX7R-1RW.jpg
    VX7R-1RW.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • UP5-5RW.jpg
    UP5-5RW.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 58
  • UP-2-2RW.jpg
    UP-2-2RW.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 90
  • VX7R-2-RW.jpg
    VX7R-2-RW.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 113
  • UP-1-1RW.jpg
    UP-1-1RW.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

A few more...

Attachments

• Attak-2-2RW.jpg
    Attak-2-2RW.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 41
  • UP-3-3RW.jpg
    UP-3-3RW.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 45
  • UP6-6RW.jpg
    UP6-6RW.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 59
  • UP-4-4RW.jpg
    UP-4-4RW.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 28
  • VX7R-DonGear-RW.jpg
    VX7R-DonGear-RW.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
looks AMAZING!!! mind if I PM you about your cat bar setup??? well done indeed! and hows the wife like the attak?

So Boomer how does it feel to be riding the best Viper in the world? I still haven't heard anything about how she performs against others. Have you raced it at all?

Thanks for the comments guys. I picked up the Attak last month for my wife after we sent her '04 Renegade down the road. She thought that she would miss the Ski Doo, but after the first ride on the Attak she was grinning from ear to ear. I made a few clutching changes on the Attak to make it a little smoother to drive on the bottom end so it's a lot better riding off trail and it takes off from engagement a lot smoother. I also put some Slydog Powder Hound skis on the Attak. That really has made a big improvement especially for going off trail. They really carry the weight of the sled a lot better in deep snow and are easier to steer with absolutly no darting.

The Viper has been an absolute blast to ride this year. I put a stock motor back in the sled (even has electric start) this fall. I found that I wasn't going to have the time to get the 780 motor dialed in and just wanted to get on the sled right from the start and enjoy the riding without having to spend the time to fine tune the 780. The ride and handling has been outstanding on that sled. It turned out better than I expected.

The neatest thing about the Viper so far has been the attention it gets. I have yet to stop anywhere I've been with that sled without someone coming up to me and asking about it. In this brand loyal sport of ours it's usually pretty rare to have riders of another brand walk up to a total stranger on another brand and say "nice sled". I've had guys from every brand talk to me at pit stops, gas pumps, and trail side stops. I feel like the good will ambassador for Yamaha when I'm on the VX7R.

In the riding I've done this year with the Viper it's been strictly trail riding so I haven't done any racing. I had an short little race with my wife last weekend and all I will say is that Viper will give the Attak all it can handle from 0-80mph.

I've got another project sled ('02 SRX) that I've been slowly working on for next year. I'll post some pictures of that project in progress sometime in the future once I have all of the parts I need to start putting it together.

I'm actually thinking of selling the VX7R to start another project. If anyone is interested, please contact me with a PM.

Back