My Viper Project, already started... pics soon.

auji700triple

My viper.....here we go again, for another summer. This is what i have for my viper this year:

1) Side Exit Exhaust
2) black hood
3) powder Coated tunnel, Rails, Trailing arms, Radious rods
4) A smaller Seat Perferably Pro-x seat.
5) a Crank/engine
6) Billet Wheels
7) drilled Track

ill post pics later, Im in the process of Tearing my sled apart for powdercoating..

Last edited:

pics so far..

pooooor viper 05 too.....

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 31
1st, i gota peel off that tunnel witch is a B*T*H..... gota pick up some more drill bits, too bad i didn't have a compressor for this. after that i have to wait for a buddy gets his Oven to fit a Tunnel and rails. once the powder coating is done i have to find a engine or a crank THEN she will be finishd..

jez... my brain is beat out just thinking about this mess. My father wants to kill me because its a brand new sled basiclly and look at it now. well i guess thats Mod's for ya

seanmurphy26 said:
well i guess its ok as long as it gets back together right? LOL

Getting it back together doesnt seem to be the problem....

Making it last more than a week, now that seems to be a problem.

98srx6 said:
Getting it back together doesnt seem to be the problem....

Making it last more than a week, now that seems to be a problem.

no remembering the exact order you took everything apart so you can get it back together without getting it halfway back together and then having to tear it apart again because you forgot to put in some little part that had to go in i did that this weekend when i converted (new stock and barrel) my ruger 10/22 i had it all apart and had the reciever out and there was this little metal tube like piece that slides out of the reciever there is nothing that holds it in except the stock and so i got the barrel switched and i put it all back together and thought i was done and i looked next to me and i saw that little piece sitting there i was mad because i had to take it all apart again

viperking said:
no remembering the exact order you took everything apart so you can get it back together without getting it halfway back together and then having to tear it apart again because you forgot to put in some little part that had to go in i did that this weekend when i converted (new stock and barrel) my ruger 10/22 i had it all apart and had the reciever out and there was this little metal tube like piece that slides out of the reciever there is nothing that holds it in except the stock and so i got the barrel switched and i put it all back together and thought i was done and i looked next to me and i saw that little piece sitting there i was mad because i had to take it all apart again

haha, i hear ya. thats the worse, taking something apart and puttin it back together and havin all these left over parts (other than the parts being replaced) and not knowing where they go and what will happen if you pretend they never existed! haha, i hate that!!!...

AJ get a good set of side cutters, and pull all the anvils out of the rivets first from the under side. The rivits will drill out like hot butter then. Maxdlx

the friggen tunnel is holding me up, i can't get that Darn ROTOR OFF!!! do i have do drill those rivets holding it on?? i think theres 5.. I dont have a good enough Drill bit to take off all those rivets. i was tehre for about 5 mins pressing and pressing on that drill for 1 SINGLE FREAKIN RIVET!! ANd ITS STILL NOT OUT!
LOL!! theres about.. hmm 15 million to go.

good idea Paul!!, what about a grinder?too big for a small area im thinking.

auji, man i dunno what your doing but takin the rivets off is gonna make things 110% harder when you go to put this all back together. to get the rotor off just look at the pic, there is nothing holding it on horizontaly other than the caliper and a few other things which you already took off. the only thing is the little key (which is just a rectangular piece of steel) that is in a slot on the shaft and in the hub to so that when the shaft turns, so does the brake, and vice versa when you press the brake) it takes a bit of patience, and a bit of lube, but get a punch or long screw driver and tap just a bit around the hub near where the shaft goes through to get it off. JUST A LITTLE!!! if you wail on it, it will never come off, possibly gouging the shaft (don't know if that will happen, but ya get the point) just tap once, rotate 180 degrees, tap again, rotate, tap, rotate, tap and you will see it comming off. hope this helps man, taking those huge rivets off will be a PITA and more of PITA when you go to put stuff back together. good luck, remember, "just give it a little tap, just a tappy tap....tap tap tappy... tap it in.." (haha, happy gilmore, couldn't resist)

Attachments

• partimage.gifx.gif
    partimage.gifx.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 12
auji700triple said:
i was tehre for about 5 mins pressing and pressing on that drill for 1 SINGLE FREAKIN RIVET!! ANd ITS STILL NOT OUT!
LOL!! theres about.. hmm 15 million to go.

QUOTE]

Having fun yet? ;):D

Man that looks all too familiar . . .

Yes, Do not drill out the rotor hub rivets!!!

Can you get us a pic of the brake rotor that you can't get to come off?

Maybe one of us who have taken them off recently can identify the problem . . .

Back