Rivet ?? Tunnel to bulkhead

snowpromod

I have a old srx and seperated the bulkhead from the tunnel to make some repairs and was wondering what type of rivets to use to re attach the two?? Any help would be great!! :nos:

You'll need some soild alum rivets to make it right. Go with the harder ones. If you don't care what it looks like you could use the stainless steel pop rivets. Good luck Dean-o

The rivets are not your run of the mill pop rivet. You need to use a special structural strength rivet. I think BETHEVIPER sells them. If not, MPI does. Consider buying or renting an air operated riveter. Hand riveters will not collapse these rivets far enough and you will need new hands by about rivet number 5.

Rivets - OEM

I have OEM rivets available if you need them send me a PM. They are .35 cents each plus shipping. Oh, and by the way, they are NOT aluminum, they are zink coated steel. They are Advel Cherry "Multi Grip" rivets made by Textron corporation. It's pretty cool to go on their web site and check out this type of rivet. When you check out the spec's they have a picture of a jet fighter and an SRX. I had to buy 2500 minimum to get them. Yes, that's right $875!!! Don't even try to use these without a good pneumatic riveter. It can be done, but it's no fun. I do believe BETHEVIPER has some similar ones available a little cheaper.

Let me know,

Madmatt

Back