Drag racing Viper project

I got the engine back in, water temp gauge installed, working on getting a used ripsaw and drag skis, that'll probably be all for this summer, more mods in the future. Sled is pretty much ready to go, I tried it out at the track and you can feel a huge difference! Launches harder and pulls harder. Amazingly, the single heat exchanger does and excellent job keeping the engine cool.

The gauge isn't the prettiest but it does the job, I'm not too particular lol. Here are some pics, you'll notice I added a few stickers ;)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 26

nice job neil, so she works good with the 1 exchanger?? Thats sweet if she pulls hard, maybe you should put your Stock Stingers on to add some H.P might feel a little difference. Also to pull a little harder outa the hole grab a 136 Ext. Dont look for another track. i'd get a 136 Ext. and get a 1.25 maybe 1"with Studs.

My sled is pissing me off. I go out to work on it and Look at all the Rivets and it kinda turns me away from working on it. i dont know where to start, Very discouriging..lol Theres some spots that i can't get a drill at because i can't fit a drill in the sides of the tunnel where it meets the chassis. Pain in the ***. I just might bring it to efford to get it apart.

OH NEIL!!! i know how you can save weight!! you can get rid of your Gaudge pod and since Aj needs one you can sell it to him. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone ya kno?? thats a goood Deal!! hahahah :WayCool:

Last edited:
Maybe, im not sure. Im looking around for a Air Chizzle, i was told that they work Real good and a compressor also.I got alot of my stuff off to B.J Exept for the tunnel and Rails..

Theres sooo much stuff to put back on it.... Kinda forget the Steps and process's to put everythign back togeather. everytim ei look at it i ask myself if its ever going to be back togeather ... I SURE HOPE SO!!! its got to, its just all the small parts that go to go back. The oil tank, ROTOR/ChainCase Assmbly/Coolent Jug.... im not sure what to do once i get all my parts back.. *sigh*

Your right, next time im going to keep it.... STOCK!!!! i dont think i can stress that enough then CAPS lock!! LOL!

Waaaaaaaay too many rivets...LOL why couldn't they just use nuts and bolts. HA!

Chapmen, His Mountain cat's tunnel is Done. You seen it at the races right? well he had to do the same Procedure im doing right now, Correct? its so fustrating Burnin out drill bits, Pushing on them as hard as i can and still nodda. MAN i just might give it to efford!

and im gonna make up a template to drill out my track. Just gota find some of those WholeSaw Drill bits??? the ones with the circular bit? Maybe i can get them at homehardwere or somthing? Anywyas i can't wait to get her going, i just revieved my Decals From the *Redmatter* and boy do they look great! Thanks again John.

Back