specifications on 75 GPX 338

upland

My dilema with the freight company that shipped my sled from Canada is ongoing! They are trying to tell me that they reweighed my sled and have to now charge me over $400.00 more. They claim that it weighs in excess of 500lbs. I need to find a specification to show the true weight. Everything I have seen shows "n/a" in the weight column.
I am guessing it should be around 275lbs., if that.
P.S. No....I was not sitting on the sled when they weighed it!

500 lbs... no way unless someone did some funny mods or the squirrels chose to hide 50+ lbs of food within the chassis. If the sled is clean then it should weigh about 400 lbs.

I would be surprised if it weighed 400lbs! The Apex weighs in at 577lbs.
There isn't much to the air cooled vintage sleds.
Steve, do you know of a website that would have the actual weights?

Ok. I have both 74 & 75 factory service manuals. Neither one shows the dry weight. I do however have a Snow Goer Magazine that is dated June/July 1974. In the It has ALL high performance sleds of the 75 model year. The 75 GPX is said to weigh 405 lbs dry weight. I believe if you have a 74 it will weigh more due to the steal cleats on the track. I you are looking for the actual weight of the newer sleds. Take you sled to an actual scale. DON'T for a second believe what you read in any from the manufactures. I weighed my 2001 SRX 700 full of fuel & oil and as it is when riding ( with ice build up and snow). In the end I got a reading of 628, 625 & 631 on three different readings. I hope the GPX Part helps. Brad

Upland. If you need some confirmation. I can try to send you the info from the magazine to you, so you can show customs. Brad

DUDE, 405 FOR A GPX ? HARD TO BELIEVE. MY 1976 SRX 440 WAS 385. THE GPX,s and THE 76 SRX WERE VERY CLOSE. USED ALOT OF SAME THINGS STARTING WITH CHASSIS. 3:16 (tony)

I am just quoting Snow-Goer in the June/July magazine arcticle the states the weight at 405 lbs. If I owned one I would take it to the scales and have it weighed. just like I did with my 01 SRX. Brad

BRAD, MAGAZINES WERE WAY OFF 30 YEARS AGO JUST THE WAY THEY ARE TODAY !! GPX,s WERE VERY LITE, 405 !!! I BET AGAINST IT. 3:16 (tony)

1976 Sno-jet SST 440 and Massey Whirlwind were some of the lightest 440's I ever had @ 350-360 lbs rated dry weight. The GPX is heavier than either one of them. The stock pipes make alot of that difference too. I'm pretty much saying 400+ to account for the usual restoration find with nuts, seeds, dirt, oil and other surprises that weigh them down. I'm guessing on 375 for official "dry" weight.

Last edited:

Back