what can i do to a ss440

do some polishing to the ports intake and exhaust along with the intake Y pipe. You will have to richen the jetting, but you can squeeze a few more poneis out of it. Brad

im not fully sure if im gonna fully restor it or just keep it as a beater(chugger) yet. if i use it as a chugger im not gonna put alot into it cuase if it ever breaks down on a chugger ride and i cant get it started they never get towed out. the guys on the ride just burn them. thats why i picked it up for free. one buddy was tellin me his fule screw ratteled out aned he lost it adn he was trying to get it running and every one was staing around him with lightersd goin come one 5 more mins and its goin up. then he ened uo finding a twig that just fit in teh hole right and got it to star and road out of teh woods with a sticl in his carb to keep it running.

The bottem ends are not the same between ss 440 and srv. The SRV has a 20 mm wrist pin. The center of the exhaust port has a finger sticking up in it If you raise the outsides of this port to the height of the center also take ten thousands off the head this will give you 4-6 extra ponies Jet up 1 size I think They were stock like 140 or 142.5 This doesn't cost very much and it will make a huge difference
YAMAHABUNCH

Back