ATT MR SLED!!! Refresh problems with dialup

MountainMax

Hey there, I only can get dialup internet here in the great white north where I live and the refresh rate of 1 minute is too fast for me to fully load a page, and it starts to refresh again, it's a pain sometimes when trying to upload pics too, is there any way to change it to say 2 minutes, would this be still fine, I dont' understand whay the refresh rate is set so fast, especially since it's not like it's a live cam pic or anything that changed every minute, i can see some new posts coming up i guess, just wondering.....thanks............Rob

Thanks, but it's not the session, it's in the html code, it's set to refresh the page every 30 seconds, it's very fast for us slow users, here is the code>>

src='http://ads.rx1.info/adframe.php?n=ae7f52a9&what=zone:5&target=_blank&refresh=30' framespacing='0' frameborder='no' scrolling='no' width='468' height='60'>

thats not refreshing the page , just the banners at the top of the screens, they rotate every 30 sec. It will not effect anything other then the banners.....and the bottom or footer will refresh every 15 sec...

Thanks, but i guess that is the problem, the page is always loading, it never finishes and it's refreshing stuff again, dialup is so slow, i usually wait for the page to finish loading before posting and stuff but it never does........lol
Why the 15 and 30 second refresh instead of like 2 minutes or something??

the banners work just about perfect at that refresh rate, give the advertisers real fair exposure. I have tried these pages on dialup and it just acts as if the page is reloading...its not....just the banners will, the rest of the page will come in at its normal rate.

chitty

well, if you have a south facing balcony or even window, you could use a tripod, they would never know, especially if you arent on the ground level

have you got a ladder to get on the roof and a drill bit?

I'm outta ideas. :o|

yes I do, but it's not allowed, that's what I meant by an apartment, they won't let me put a dish up on the side or roof. I will just deal with it until they provide dsl here one of these days........

Back