oooooops

Better have transfer straps on a Rx1 before you start into the water, or your going to get your belt wet right off that battttttt. Thats is what happend to both of those sleds.

familyman said:
Better have transfer straps on a Rx1 before you start into the water, or your going to get your belt wet right off that battttttt. Thats is what happend to both of those sleds.

Transfer straps? Can you explain.

Limiter straps

Not enough transfer = face in the water = wet belt.

Hes right about that too, hear the elds over rev, thats water on the belt and clutches. Too bad the angle going in the water was so great and they chose to have no run in.

Good vid though!, always liked watermobiles

The strap replaces the transfer rods in the rear of the rear suspension. You can set the tention loose and stand any sled straight up and down.

It works really well if you take the time to dial them in. I can run bumpy trails faster than most. Crack the throttle and ride them with the rear suspension. It lets the rear transfer like a Arctic Cat suspension, but you dont have the tipsy feeling like a cat.

I had mine dialed within 200 miles. Pull a wheelie of 1' when on the gas hard up to 100 mph. Pull a wheelie to were the back of the ski's would still be touching to trail ride just by feathering the gas. ALOT OF FUN.

Even tho I need to power down in the corners slightly, I rocket out of the corners..Just like a sprint car or a dirt track car lifting the left front wheel. But I am lifting a ski and when I get on the gas hard it lifts the hole front end. ;)! Just make sure you have it facing down the trail...hehe

Oh OK, that is why most Yamaha's skip water like crap. Too much weight forward and the belts get wet. That is what happens with mine usually. I usually only skip short distances because of this.

Back