Pics of my '89 Exciter

Oyvind Ryeng

Website
oyvindryeng.net
Here she is; 12000 kilometres on the odometer and still running strong.

exciter_04.jpg

exciter_01.jpg

exciter_02.jpg

exciter_03.jpg

...Or so it seems! I have an interest/hobby in photography, and I showed you these pics because they make my Exciter look less run-down than it really is. Years of abuse from the previous owners has taken it's toll on it, but I got it at a great price (really, it was a steal!). But true to the Yamaha legacy - it still runs, even tho' it's in need of a tune-up. This winter it will recieve a 136-inch extension (hopefully with 8-inch billet rear wheels if possible), all mods neccesary to accomodate 1.5/1.75-inch lugs, SLP Powder Pro skis and new shims/joints in the front suspension/steering that will remove the oh-so-typical steering-slack/play these Yamahas has been known to have.

They are nice crisp photos, ...what equipment are you using (ccd resolution, lense...)?

These pictures are taken with my trusty old compact Canon PowerShot A60. It has a maximum resolution of 2MP (1600*1200), 35-105mm 3x optical zoom lens (converted to 35mm format) and made good test results when it was released (now it's an old, outdated and discontinued model). It was judged to take very good pictures for it's low price, but what really sealed the deal a few years back was the option to use fully manual settings, where one can adjust aperture from f/2 -> f/8, shutter speeds, ISO amplification, white balance, various color-modes and more. But like I always say; taking a good picture is 20% equipment, 50% user and 30% luck. Also, small adjustments in Photoshop will bring out that extra "edge" in the picture (usually adjusting saturisation, color balance and sharpening it).

This is the conclusion from Steves Digicams:
Link.

I pained over buying a Canon or a Nikon, ended up with the Nikon, ...for my money they had the best image and features for the price. I ended up buying the Nikon simply because I've had Nikon's over the years. The current crop of digital cameras are awesome and rival some of the high end 35mm SLR cameras.

I like your use of composition and balance, ...text book, ...great landscape as well.

Thanks! I appreciate your comments!

EDIT: Nikon makes great cameras, but I like Canons user-friendlyness. It's the whole Ford VS. GM debate of photography. Some like the mother, others likes the daughter.

Last edited:

Back