SRX Summer Project

Well, didn't much care for the repair kit Boiving sent :o| , so had a buddy weld up the rail with a high freq welder. Got the bell crank and BLT rods with Sno-Tek spacers/heims on the front, and put the rear skid in this am. Was actually pretty easy. Still waiting on the springs from my Works shocks and steering arms to get powder coated, so can't finish the front yet. Painted the hood screens chrome, and put stainless 1-1/2" spacers on for the front shocks to even out the ride height. Also intalled 2" riser since last pics. ;)!
skid.jpg

skid3.jpg

skid2.jpg

front2.jpg

Few more.... Put all new bearings in the side, new hyfax and rebuilt the shocks.
Ordered all the parts yesterday to do the 8dn-20 clutching per Turk/Mr Viper with an Advant-edge 48-40 billet helix. BTW, he seemed like a real nice guy to do business with. ;)!
Probably be needing some help then with that job!! A clutch guru I am not.
front1.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

BLT.jpg

Last edited:
man, I LOVE the 02 SRX, just looks amazing. loved the graphics and the windscreen. so is the blue anodized plate the boivin mount kit? looking real nice!

The plates are from Boivin, I painted them with Dupli-color blue and clear coated them.

Thanks for the compliments, as usual the project turned into more work/money that I figured, but it was fun, and I hope the sled handles as good as I hope it will with all the changes. Really just have the front end to line up, and throw the pipes back on now, and then :brr We Need Snow ;)!

more $$$ and time??? seems like par for the course of ANY project lol!! I always figure there isnt anything else I want or need, then sure enough I find something! the price you pay for wanting to tinker :)

Yeah, I don't know if that is going to stay or not. I'll decide when I'm 100% done. (Does that ever happen?) Haha. Still contemplating going to Redmaters lightning bolt SRX's on the sides too. Did some more detailing on the tunnel, painted black behind the bumper protectors where I didn't strip (thought it would be hidden) :dunno: and put the tunnel supports back on, after painting blue, to cover up the area where they were. Tunnel would not polish up there. Cleans up that area below the Boivin plates. Got all my clutch parts yesterday, just waiting on the Advant-edge billet helix now, then I can finish them. Tried driving one rivet out of a flyweight last night for a few minutes, no go. :o| Gonna wait till I get the jig back from the machine shop that's shown on the Tech pages, hopefully that'll make it a little easier to work on. Man they are in there good!

Why do people put time and money figures on a work of art. I never do, but then I can wreck a sled, laugh about it, and then ride off on it falling apart too. Time and money mean not much. Maxdlx

I was just trying to make a point that it's funny how when you get into a project, you GET INTO IT, you know. You plan on doing this and that, but end up doing 5 times more than that. Proves you're an addict I guess. And don't worry I've wrecked a few projects. Restored a Kawi LTD 4/6 a few years ago, and they are hard to get parts for, up here anyways, and then promptly rolled it 7 times end over end at about 75-80mph. :o| That project taught me to pretty much never trust what anyone else had done. Previous bonehead put soft bolts in the ski mounts, and they just wore through until one sheared. When the wife asked me why I was walking home, she couldn't understand why I was laughing telling her the story...
It looked like this, before I rolled it LOL
1980_KAWASAKI_INVADER_LTD_DAN_5_6A_.jpg

No, I wish I did. I then thought about getting an Interceptor 550, but figured the hassle wasn't worth it.

Blacked out behind sides of bumper and put on original tunnel plates where tunnel was scuffed & wouldn't polish...
DSC01481.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

That would be my VERY expensive :cool: 2X4 spruce bumper stand pushing on it LOL

Powder coated shock springs and steering arms finally came back, finished up the front end today. Got all the geometry set per BeetheViper method, only thing left to do is install the reverse kit....Oh yeah, then we need snow!! :winterrul
DSC01510.jpg

DSC01511.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

Finally Done

Thanks to TY Forums I finally got the SRX done. ;)! The clutching works awesome, real hard on the grass today! Too bad it 55 degrees out! The reverse is going to be a nice addition too. I was able to modify the link enough that I did not have to alter the coolant bottle or air intake.

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

Last edited:

Back