look what i got!

n2oiroc

well boys, after a ton of contemplating and constant nagging by richierich (just kidding) i got a bike. its not a yamaha, but im sure we can all agree it kicks ***. 2006 triumph daytona 675. i was torn between this and the new R6, but the exclusivity of this and the torque coming in a lot sooner in the rpm range put me over the edge. plus i dont have to worry about a harley guy kicking it over in a parking lot! lol! now i just need to learn to ride again! i haven't rode in at least 5 years! after almost falling over in the driveway im getting the hang of it again after a few miles.

Attachments

• daytona.jpg
    daytona.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

cacsrx1 said:
Sweet....Bring on the power wheelies
in time my friend! i already opened it up to about 11,000 (14,000 redline) but eased into it. i want to get a good feel for it before i get too confident.

Never heard a tripple on the redline before. My old 03 r6 with an Akra slipon sounded good at 15500...kinda miss that bike.

any suggestions on a cheaper jacket for real hot days with some protection in it? ill get a heavier leather jacket too, but when its 80 degrees out i will want something lighter!

I like my Alpinestars TZ-1. Its leather, but the only time I get hot is when Im stopped in town

update: after running it to 11,000 rpm it did a little wheelie and the tank hit my giblets when it came back down. ouch! so far im having a lot of fun (100 miles on it) but my butt is sore! that seat must be made out of marble!

Do you have Arrow pipes in it? They are 7kg´s less weight and put out a new level of triple sound I hear...

Ike

n2oiroc said:
update: after running it to 11,000 rpm it did a little wheelie and the tank hit my giblets when it came back down. ouch! so far im having a lot of fun (100 miles on it) but my butt is sore! that seat must be made out of marble!

LMAO
Sounds like me after coming home late and a little tippsy. Mrs waiting at the door, next thing you know I have bruises on ma butt and my giblets are sore!

BTW very nice machine.

i dont know why i didnt get a bike sooner! this thing is a blast! i dont mind getting up for work as much cause i get to ride the bike there.

Dave I keep checking the link to see how much the bike get's up to .Every time I see it the bike looks more trick.That's one of the best looking sportbikes I ever seen.It's a toss up between Rich's and your's.I definatley need to get another bike next spring.

pro116 said:
Dave I keep checking the link to see how much the bike get's up to .Every time I see it the bike looks more trick.That's one of the best looking sportbikes I ever seen.It's a toss up between Rich's and your's.I definatley need to get another bike next spring.
i love the looks too! i feel like parking it in my living room, sitting on the couch and staring at it all the time! which bike of rich's are you talking about? the raven r1, warrior or did he get something new again?

Back