Tl

Snojet Steve

I am looking into getting a 74' TL 433-F. I have never seen any of them around before and alot of people say they are rarer than the GPX's too.
Does anyone know how well the transmissions work in them? They look better built than the Arctic-VIP ones.

Hi SnowJet Steve
I thought you were decreasing the herd .....I see your trail on acscc as
well ...If you have a look at the gallery for R.DIKE , you will find pics
of some of my sleds ..They are all hydraulic Yams ...I'm currently going
to MN USA to get one from Monty and have had a 74 since new ...
Belt is a syncro 390 but I would need to check the pitch count .Currently
used on robot welders and such ...Paid about $50.00 for the only
new one Ive purchased , last year ..just to see if it was correct ...
TL433F should be centre drive with no windows for the double sliders.
Fuel tank in middle and red sides on seat and red stripe on hood ..
Rumour is that a bogie version with rear fuel tank exists , but I have
not found one ....I have lots of 75 spares and 77 but not an exact 74.
(yet) ...Have alook on gallery of acscc ...they show out 2 diff spots.
maybe 20 down and 1/2 way down page ...
Not alot of them around ,,were more expensive and too strange for
most peoples taste ..I have never tightened or had to replace my 74's
belt ...have changed dextron once ...need book to get rid of air bubbles..
kind of strange technic
RON

Last edited:
I was looking at your sleds on the ACSCC forum, Ron and they are nice. You just don't see too many people into the Yamaha sleds at the shows, especially the trail sleds. There's hoards and hoards of Ski-doos though.
The deal with the sell off was to pay for college but a job I found this summer is more than adequately fitting that bill. Another reason for the thinout is to pay for my GPX and Exciter restorations. I have had alot of bad luck with my 76' SST, mainly in finding parts around my area. People are so ridiculous, they want a fortune for beat up carcasses that they call "rare racers". For example, this old guy wanted $800 for a 75' Astro-SS that was good "barn-fresh" but didn't run for at least 15 years and it was surface rusted, dry and didn't fire. Other guys will have the same junkers sitting outside for years and when you go to them they say "well, I'm fixing this up for my kids so you'll have to give me $500 for it so I can get something else for them".
It is just pathetic! The Exciter and GPX parts seem to be alot easier to find and I also worry about having so many sleds with true rubber tracks. Most of mine are in good shape but it's really hard to find replacement tracks for Sno-jet. Alot of old Yamahas and Ski-doos use the same replacement tracks.

This TL seems very interesting, very different. The piston is holed clean which is good enough that the whole motor wasn't wrecked. It also saved the sled from being ridden and smashed by the 12 yr old son. I had a 75' GP 433 which I really liked but it was rusted really bad and patched up alot. I heard about the center drive tracks with the slide suspension...that is retarded. Anyway, I'll be taking a closer look this Friday.

I've had a lot of fun talking to people in Toronto area about my sleds at
shows , and on the internet ...My 74 has had a double 75 track stuffed
into it and I'm getting one from Monty that still has orig track in hopes
of a restoration . Eventually hope to have a runner of each of 7 models
and the 6 years (maybe 8 models)..
Talk to you later ..
RON

Back