New avatar

Seems like you don´t need a Waverunner to go on water... Nice.

Ike

Thanks and thanks :) I think waverunners are forbidden here. Ike, do you know when that waterdrag is in Ivalo?

It's actually not open. Its just water on ice, maybe 10-12 inches or so (still enough to sink your sled, haha). The channel was formed after the 1/8th mile was plowed for a reindeer race and it was very warm weather.

Last edited:
Thats cool, thats what me and my friends awlays do, but when the lake is all slushy, and we just keep going through it until all the slush is oushed out and the water drains back into the cannal we made so thats its all water.

I made a video of me running water about 1/8 mile long with a camera taped with electrical tape to the beak on my helmet, but unfortunately, it was facing downwards the whole time due to my beak and head postion while riding and the footage was nothing else besides my front skis.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the camera thing. Do you waterskip with a vt xl, it has the power to float?

Ya, Iv ran lots of real water, but it doesnt really do it for me anymore.

Once I was running across this channel, and there was ice chunks on top of the ice right at the leading edge and I nailed it right before running the water, and the left ski went under the water and almost through me off the sled, then the sled wheelied and slowed down liek mad, then eventuall flattened out and ade it to the other side. The width of the gap was only 70 or so feet, and I came into it flying. Then to redeem myself, I went to another place where I ran so much water that it took around a minute to cross it. This place it was a narrow section of a lake, not where there was alot of current exactly, just doesnt freeze over the winter.

I have a vid that my freinds posted of them running the narrows where I hit that ice chunk. It not of me, but of the place where I ran, and the vid is from snowmobilefanatics. The place where I ran across and hit the chunk is in the video where he passes through the narrow part and it opens back up into the main part of the lake. I also ran what my freind did in the video a few times, but didnt like how it felt.

Link to Video

I hope Im not hyjacking your thread man!

Its under 10 ft deep through the narrowest part, but at the ending part, its around 50 ft deep.

Scary thought of loosing the sled, especially that deep, so I dont do it anymore. Only water on top of ice is what Ill run, lol.

Yes pretty much, I don't think the camera microphone got all the "sound range/specter" of the sound, but that's pretty much it. It's coolest to hear when it is dampened by the water. What kind of exhaust do you have on yours?

Ok, went through all those pictures a ton of times, and cannot figure out how that Elan is running water!!!!

I made my own stainless exhaust for my 1977 250 twin elan and rejetted it and ported it slightly, ripped off the hood and stupid plastic carb shroud thing, widened the stance via my thick aluminum plates, and the stupid thing still doesnt run water!!

Tried so many times, Maybe some clutch work is on order, but those are some old clutches and im not sure how they work. For instance, the primary has a center which doesnt move, it floats. However, the sled does not float, no matter how big the run in.

Cant even belive those pics, lol

Yamahammer485 said:
Ok, went through all those pictures a ton of times, and cannot figure out how that Elan is running water!!!!

However, the sled does not float, no matter how big the run in.

Cant even belive those pics, lol

There might be something to do with the twin piped Rotax 670 in it... Or so I heard. Atleast it is 583, twin piped of course So this Elan, not only floats, it Flyes! LOL

1znrlfs.jpg

1zns7pw.jpg

:bling: ;)!

Ike

Last edited:
Ya, I figured if anything that it ha more power, just judging from the way it cruises through the water, and it must take a lot of hp to keep a sled that plows liek that one alfoat.

I wonder why he put 250 all over his hood eh...... Prolly to make people think its stock...

Back