Vari-flow questions

norwegian

There are some things that I don't understand about holtzman vari-flows.

What is the difference between a dual range and a multi range?

How can a dual range be a dual range? From the pics I've seen, there is only one range, from rich to position 4. What is the other range? How about multi range? Where does it get its multi ranges??

Will ask more later when I think of more questions.

Taken from Holtzmans website:

The Dual-Range Vari-Flow includes an Aluminum and Copper outlet jet and has a range with a 10% maximum fuel flow reduction (typically 4 jet sizes) and a range with a 20% maximum reduction (typically 8 jet sizes).

The Multi-Range also includes Brass inlet and outlet jets and an Aluminum inlet jet and has several ranges with maximum reductions as low as 7% and as high as 27%.

If I remember correctly, the jet used on the Multi-range vari-flow dictates how much fuel reduction is possible from the rich position to position 4. The multi-range has a "Rich position" and then 4 "clicks" to reduce the amount of fuel. The more "clicks" away from the "rich position" the leaner the jetting.

Dual range just has the rich position for your base elevation and then 1 lean setting. This would be better suited if you only rode at 2 different elevations.

Last edited:

Back