check this out

yes aint it fun :) i did 179 last summer down my side road and it was only at 11,000 rpm .then my brain kicked in and said i better slow down since theres a recreation trail crossing ahead and if someone came across neither of us would see it coming.now i stay around 150 max because its gets there fast and just do quick spurts when i feel the need for speed.after watching the moto gp on sun. i had to go beat on it.man now i'll have to take it out today just talking abouut it makes me excited :)

richierich said:
yes aint it fun :) i did 179 last summer down my side road and it was only at 11,000 rpm .then my brain kicked in and said i better slow down since theres a recreation trail crossing ahead and if someone came across neither of us would see it coming.now i stay around 150 max because its gets there fast and just do quick spurts when i feel the need for speed.after watching the moto gp on sun. i had to go beat on it.man now i'll have to take it out today just talking abouut it makes me excited :)

I did the exact same thing after watching all the bike racing on Sunday, (WSB,AMASBK,Super Sport,Super Stock , FX, Moto GP). Too bad for Rossi, burned his tires up getting to the front. I would have liked to see him and Hayden battle for the win.

i just watched the video.that was a old 98 r1.thats 30 less h.p then the new one.he would have really killed that gsxr.even when they did the roll on test with the r1 in higher gear he still pulled it bad.

rossi blew his motor but he did make alot of pass's before that.

richierich said:
i just watched the video.that was a old 98 r1.thats 30 less h.p then the new one.he would have really killed that gsxr.even when they did the roll on test with the r1 in higher gear he still pulled it bad.

rossi blew his motor but he did make alot of pass's before that.

Motor got hot because of the slow laps he was running, due the the left side of the rear tire chunking out. ;):D I saw pics of the tire, I can see why he slowed up.

dang bikes are fun! the other day i had a guy in a new zo6 vette try and show off to his buddy. i kick it down into first at about 35 mph and gave him the move. when i set the front tire back down after a quick shift into second (around 75mph) he was nowhere to be seen! he didnt look real happy at the next light lol!

My buddies 1992 600 nijia would run 150 mph. I was right next to him with my 900 nijia.

I watched a hyabusa on the "drag/dyno" (side by side on rollers) racing a gskr1100. The hyabusa ran 174 mph and the gskr1100 ran 145 mph. 1/4 mile run! Everyone there couldnt believe how fast that thing was.

Then I saw a video of a twin turbo hyabusa and it was jumping from 180 to 240 mph on the street with a cam on his tank. It was sick. Looked like he was in California running a interstate.

Haven't got into bikes, but a buddy at work has one and has hit 299kms/hr on the speeds a dozen or so times. The speedo doesn't read any further. That seems incredibly fast to me, and I don't think I'd be doing that!

Back